passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Resident Evil 3 Remake ?‍♂️

one-armed dwarf

Reaction videos get traction so it's put in the thumbnail.  Pure algorithm playing.  But Max's videos are pretty good and he says as much himself he does it to get clicks.  But the content is exactly the kind of thing magazines, websites, forums etc. have been doing for years.  No-one here is too clever for the video. 

BTW @Nag, saw this and found it interesting. Meant to post yesterday but the forum was busted with 500 errors 

https://www.resetera.com/threads/resident-evil-3-remake-covers-discovered-on-psn.156712/page-83#post-27203294

Like half a year after the RE2 video. RE3 was greenlit and started development a few months after RE7 came out in 2017, but it was in the talks and planning during 2016 while RE7 was still being worked on. RE3's original director (who's currently a freelancer) was invited to direct the project but ended up declining, but I'm aware people at Capcom and him met multiple times and the direction for the RE3 Remake was talked about before it was greenlit, they only greenlit it when they had picked a direction to go with it and it was ready to start development. The title was conceived partially because RE2 REmake was happening, and that would leave RE3 as the only mainline RE game without an easily portable version for future-proofing (while they don't do much with it, Code Veronica does have an MT Frameworks version), plus developing both around the same frame of time had more benefits than if they chose to remake RE3 down the line. Many exaggerate how much of RE2 is in RE3, but if they're going to reimagine Raccoon City doing both around the same time helps.

If anyone's a bit curious about what RE3 tomorrow will look like, something I'll mention is that the talks about direction did decide on a more in-depth Raccoon City. And you will be seeing a few concoctions and mixtures of elements at play here. REmake 2 didn't pull much from RE1.5 (though it did reference some concept art for RE2), but REmake 3 pulls more from both of it's original concepts that weren't made, and even elements that were present in Umbrella Chronicles (and in extension due to this, some things from Outbreak). I don't know what bits the trailer shows tomorrow, but I will say right now the RE3 REmake is more experimental than RE2's and they're taking more of the whole of what RE3 worked with over the years, partially at the choice of the original director. Kamiya never really liked 1.5 and wanted the new team to do their own thing, and Aoyama originally wanted RE3 to be a different more open game but thinks in the process of remaking they should both build off what people loved and expand. And the teams kinda' followed that while also doing their own takes on things of course.

So kinda' get ready for that.

My perfect version of the game would be structured something like BloodBorne, but simpler. I hope these rumours are true and they are trying something other than a basic remake here

I’m not sure I’m liking the sounds of the direction they’re taking with this one at all. REmake 2 was already a slight disappointment from what I wanted even if for everyone else it was exactly what they wanted - like a lot of games lately. Ah well, I’ll see what it’s like once some concrete information and gameplay footage is out there. 

16 minutes ago, mfnick said:

I’m not sure I’m liking the sounds of the direction they’re taking with this one at all. REmake 2 was already a slight disappointment from what I wanted even if for everyone else it was exactly what they wanted - like a lot of games lately. Ah well, I’ll see what it’s like once some concrete information and gameplay footage is out there. 

What didn’t you like about the remake? Are you old school RE2 fan?

IMO they shouldn't just make the same game over and over with better graphics. That was their strategy for RE in the late 90s/early 2000s when they made RE3, Code Veronica, REmake and Zero and people lost interest in the series/sales went down.

So it would be cool imo to have RE3 have something about it that makes it stand out, cause I didn't really find that to be the case with the original at all. Even if there's a risk the game doesn't turn out good or whatever. It's just they are making so many of these at a rapid click right now. Please do something different with the IP.

Anyway the state of play is at 2pm today 

Will replace with trailer when it comes out 

@Nag get ur butt in here it's starting soon 

Trailer 

Not as hype for this one, I don't know. Looks rougher than 2 did. Hope it's good still.

That was weird. I half-ignored that trailer cause I thought it was for the single player part of Resistance. Which it is but it's bundled with RE3. Didn't figure it until I saw Jill.

I don't know, I wasn't feeling that trailer. That's my hot take so far. Or lukewarm take.

Wasn't far off with my release prediction though. April 3.

Obviously not enough to tell how the game will be, but the RE2 reveal was straight fire and so was the game. This seems a more low key project from how they just revealed it as a sort of bundle with the MP game they're making.

Little bit of gameplay at 1:30

Sounds more open and a bit more action-ey. They make the point that RE3 was always a bit more action-ey than 2

Guy I keep quoting on that thread says it is semi open world with optional stuff, then gets more linear when you take train to 'clock tower'.

This is probably the playable area, kind of Silent Hill style

e68347f01041d77e97a5aa89522fec6423.jpg

What I am looking forward to most is if they recreate one of the most iconic set pieces in RE 3, that was initially never shown. The area outside the final boss arena is littered with corpses, of multiple Tyrants (as Mr. X) and army soldiers. It always looked like it was one amazing battle, but the only previous shot we see of it was as a pre-rendered background.

• 4 weeks later...

Some new details from OPM UK:

-Nemesis will use an improved version of the AI developed for the Tyrant of Resident Evil 2 Remake.

-Sound will be very important in a city like Raccoon City, you will have to rely on it to anticipate dangers lying in wait around the corner.

-Confirmation that we will visit the streets, the shops, the Stagla petrol station, the Raccoon Press offices, the hospital. Not open world, but far more open then the original title.

-Nemesis was created in real life to be able to be scanned via photogrammetry.

-Mercenaries mode will not return, replaced by Project Resistance.

-The mutant worms are back.

-Carlos will be playable.

-There will not be the action choice mechanism as in the original, which could give different sequences of the game afterwards or an advantage over a danger.

-There will also be no more endings.