passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Resident Evil 3 Remake ?‍♂️

one-armed dwarf

15 minutes ago, mfnick said:

Just watched that Skill up review. I somehow missed the fact they’d removed the decisions which slightly your route and the alternative endings. That’s a real shame.

They do seem to have removed a lot of things that differentiated RE2 from Nemesis in the first place, which is a shame.
It does tie in to the idea that the REmakes were being made in tandem too. Keeping them relatively structurally similar would make development much easier and more streamlined.

48 minutes ago, Nag said:

Removing the story decisions and multiple endings allow for a far more cohesive story in my opinion.

That sounds familiar ?

...Oh, Yes Mass Effect 3?

The overarching story of Nemesis was always cohesive. The choices and multiple endings simply gave it added replay value.  Much like the A and B scenarios, that were ripped out of REmake 2...

38 minutes ago, Nag said:

You're about the only person in the entire gaming world that would compare RE3 to Mass Effect in terms of story.?

With one ending any characters they decide to kill will at least be dead... end of.

I'm not comparing the two games, I'm recontextualising your quote and applying that to the controversial decision to do the same thing in ME3. Surely that too, led to a more cohesive story?

Every RE has always had one canon ending. The others, as I said, were added replay value. The canon ending for RE 1 for example, can't even be achieved in-game. The choice to remove them only limits replayability and lessens the overall product. 

• 1 month later...

Oi, I said that ages ago. 

I take this as a sign they are doing a parallel universe reboot series then. They won't remake Code Veronica and will go straight into a version of 4 in which Umbrella still exist. Claire will probably be in it somehow to finish off her story from 2.

Or something. 

So is that why they've opted for REmake 4? Because CV can't really be retconned into having anything to do with Las Plagas or the G & T-Viruses??