passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Resident Evil 3 Remake ?‍♂️

one-armed dwarf

The news about how the city is structured is good. I was hoping it would be more open, but not this open world barren waste of time. So it seems they got that part right.

But I don't know about Nemesis. Apart from the potential war crime that Capcom have made in making an actual real life Nemesis (?) the part where it is a modified version of Mr X AI makes me wonder how long it will be before he becomes as predictable and boring as the one in RE2make.

The thing I agree with Pious on is having that element of scripted decision making meant that each encounter was different, even if it was very scripted. RE has always been about choice and consequences imo and it was the one thing in RE3 I thought was good even if the rest of the game was meh. But when it comes to these more dynamic pursuer enemies I've always found them disappointing cause it's so easy to work out how to bait their AI. 

The difference here is that Nemesis can fucking run at you and crash through windows and walls. If they have multiple point in the game where he can just do that it might work. If it's just ring a rosey run around him like an idiot like in RE2 or the Baker Dad then it would be a bummer.

• 2 weeks later...

I only realised today that the remake of 2 came out last year so that leaves me with a lot of questions.

How did they put this game together so quickly

Presumably it leverages a lot of RE2R (Is that the acronym?) technology so is this going to be very much more of the same

I remember there being a lot of talk about “Will they do RE3R(?)” but I guess Capcom knew they would before 2 even hit

I feel very confused about the whole time line to this RE2R feels like it just came out yesterday. I still haven’t got to Mr Hat yet

• 1 month later...

Probably posted by Blakey but eh I'll post it again for the new page.

Looks slick. I didn't like the old Resident Evil 3. Kind of found it bad. But they're making good choices here imo. Looks better than I'd imagine it would.

I hope they design the city well and it's not just constantly cars blocking you. It's a hard problem to solve.

I hope Nemesis isn't too like Mr X, because he got old very fast. The thing with Nemesis is he closes distance so quick that you can't really run away as such. You have to run off screen to load a new area. I wonder if they'll have some cool ways to put obstacles in front of it.

Dodge looks like Nero's table hopper :D