passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

DisturbedSwan

Here you go lazy bones @Maryokutai. Not hard is it. 

After playing this for two hours I have to say that while I appreciate the work Digital Foundry is doing they paint a picture that's so far off from reality it makes certain games seem like a mess when they're really not. Yes, there are slowdowns on Xbox when the game is loading assets, yes, there are visuals glitches, yes, the loading times are rather long (but not extremely so). But none of these things have any impact on how you play or enjoy the game. It's a really pretty game on standard Xbox, it runs smoothly 98% of the time and while it does lack some polish it's not even remotely impactful.

Digital Foundry is a bit like that teacher who tells you that you should do better at Math and Physics but fails to mention that you're excellent in three languages and at the top of your class in sports.  Yes, this game does not run at 1080p with stable 60fps and doesn't look like a first-party-game à la Gears or Uncharted. But who the hell gives a shit.

As for the game, after two hours I have to say it'S a nice blend of Metroid Prime and Souls but I like the Metroid stuff way more than the Souls stuff. The stamina bar is barely visible during combat so you usually only remember it exists when it's depleted and getting send back to a save point for trying to tackle an optional boss you shouldn't have yet isn't quite my idea of enjoyment. That said combat is only a third of the package here with exploration and platforming making out the other two and it all comes together nicely. It's also filled with fanservice and the more you know about Star Wars the more you get out of small tidbits here and there. And early spoiler-free example is how you can spot one of those round Separatist droid-control ships on the scrapyard among multiple star destroyers, which is a very cool and very efficient way of tying together the prequel trilogy with the original trilogy. Something, I might add, the movies never really managed to pull off.

I played a few hours, enjoying it so far, nice mix of platforming, combat, exploration, and puzzles. I’m pretty rubbish at the combat and even on the second easiest mode it was pretty easy to die so I put it on story mode. Not too keen on being put back when you die but to be fair there are a lot of save points and you don’t lose much and it is quite easy to get the points you lost back. Despite being rubbish at the combat I do quite like it, using the light sabre and force powers is fun. The game does a good job of feeling like Star Wars if that makes any sense, with the music/graphics etc. Seems like it could do with some sort of fast travel, it’s pretty easy to be exploring an area where there’s a few things you want to check out and accidentally go down a one way route and the only way back to finish exploring is a long trek. So that’s annoying. Also I fell through the floor, but that’s the only bug I’ve seen so far.

Just finished, overall I think it was pretty great. Not much more to add as it continues in a similar fashion all game. The end was really good. The main dude is ok but could be better, I liked the rest of the characters though. There’s a few places I could explore more, one in particular I want to see if I can get to. Never unlocked any good ship paint jobs, but had a cool pink poncho and the droid had go faster racing stripes so that was good.

I feel like im near to the end now, just done the third temple/shrine thing so that feels like im getting there.

Absolutely in love with the game, really enjoying the atmosphere it builds up. I have it on the third highest difficulty and I have had one or two moments of frustration where ive been near to lowering the difficulty but ive stuck with it. The main problem is that the combinations of enemies at times hasnt been super well thought out IF you want to play the game like it wants you to play it, if that makes sense.

I guess what I mean is that you are MEANT to be a parry master but when you get mobbed the game just doesnt handle that too well with some of the enemies having attack patterns that are a bit OP when combined with other enemies. That doesnt happen all too often but when it does you have to either cheese it a bit or lower the difficulty and I feel like having to cheese it is not very Jedi-like and when I have to do it it makes me not feel like a Jedi at all so it breaks the immersion that the game builds up so well.

Will post more, with spoilers, when ive finished but this is definitely in my top three games of the year because of all the things that it does so well.

I think I’m about 4 hours into this now.

The opening on Braadus(?) was fantastic, my mouth was wide open in amazement a hell of a lot during the cinematic sequences there. Particularly the bits on the train, I couldn’t stop taking screenshots! I really liked the way the game introduced the villains and gave you a reason to hate them right near the beginning.

Then we got to Bogano(?) and the loop Respawn have employed shows it’s hand. For me, it’s basically Tomb Raider 2013 but with vaguely Soulsy combat really. 

I have liked exploring Bogano, just getting lost and exploring all its books and crannies, trying to find all the chests and goodies I could and studying my map to see any paths I may of missed along the way. But yeah, it’s all been done before, if you’re a fan of Tomb Raider 2013 and Star Wars then this is the game for you as it’s so ridiculously similar. 

The difference is in the combat really. I was very excited when this was hyped up as a Soulslike - and whilst there are Soulslike elements like the Meditating (Bonfires) and shortcuts - in reality the combat is a very poor imitation so far. I’ve got it on hard and it still seems

trivial really, Cal goes down quickly

don’t get me wrong but at this early

point in the game I haven’t really been troubled in terms of combat - aside from

one optional mini-boss on Bodano. The fantastic labyrinthian level of Souls can’t be matched here either - they’ve done a better job on Zeffo to be fair - but it’s still a lot less impressive overall. 

The graphics can be fantastic at times but sometimes background areas look decidedly mediocre - and that’s on the highest PC settings - which is a disappointment. There’s just a lack of polish to it that can’t be avoided, little silly bugs and graphical anomalies that would’ve been polished out if Respawn had had more time. Cal’s legs look really weird at times too when he’s running about.

So yeah I am enjoying it so far and it’s still early days but can’t help but feel it lacks innovation and originality. I’ve often found myself thinking I’ve played this game many times before. 

Some pics: 

Spoiler

73896EE6-1B2D-4045-B1BF-A056B1BD9FE9.jpeg
821A2DC5-296A-4DE3-B8BC-CEF86214050B.jpeg
EDFE1229-FF23-46BE-A421-5ED1E5679103.jpeg8F005B31-872F-4DBE-BBF2-BAAC548F4FC2.jpegBEBD188C-942D-4474-9727-B03CD4D8B901.jpegC6325287-5D84-4CCE-B0E5-7D24D8A0A559.jpeg73896EE6-1B2D-4045-B1BF-A056B1BD9FE9.jpeg
F562328B-4E0C-469B-B520-61FC07640207.jpegCE3AD5C7-6F8D-42A2-A5A5-576881C1DD6B.jpeg

6357D76E-202C-4B98-82D8-1726C8970B89.jpeg

6D10FE6C-04AE-4EEF-98C9-587220E2F2F4.jpeg

D5884390-17FB-4A3B-A148-8C663AA1430C.jpeg

C815F81E-18E1-441F-9BDE-05F57CF9A855.jpeg

REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Today Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA), Respawn Entertainment and Lucasfilm announced that the critically acclaimed Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order™ is the fastest-selling digital launch for a Star Wars game in its first two weeks. The game is also now EA’s top-selling Star Wars title on PC in its initial launch window.

“one of the most compelling game additions to the Star Wars franchise in years.”

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order is a critical success as well as being the highest rated Star Wars game of this console generation. Business Insider exclaims that Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order is “the best Star Wars game ever made,” while GameSpot calls it “one of the most compelling game additions to the Star Wars franchise in years.” GQ notes that the game “lives up to the hype,” while IGN says it is, “an all-around amazing game” in their 9.0 out of 10 review.

“On behalf of Respawn and EA, we thank everyone for their support of the studio and the team throughout the development and launch of Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. Telling a story in the Star Wars galaxy is a dream come true and the reception from the fans has been incredible,” said Vince Zampella, Head of Respawn. “With the launch of the game, the debut of The Mandalorian and the upcoming release of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, it’s a great time to be a Star Wars fan!”

"Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order demonstrates the amazing potential for original storytelling in Star Wars games,” said Sean Shoptaw, SVP, Games and Interactive Experiences, Disney Parks, Experiences and Products. "The close collaboration between Respawn and Lucasfilm is a perfect example of how we can deliver an experience for fans that is authentic to the stories and worlds they love, while also being an incredibly fun and innovative game. With the fantastic reception and launch so far, Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order has proven to be the must-play game this Holiday.”

In Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, players take on the role of Cal Kestis, a former Padawan hiding in plain sight after the Jedi were all but wiped out after Order 66 was executed by The Emperor. When he’s forced on the run, Cal is quickly met by his companions Cere Junda, a former Jedi Knight played by Debra Wilson and Greez, the larger-than-life Latero pilot voiced by Daniel Roebuck, who flies the crew’s ship known as the Stinger Mantis. BD-1, Cal’s faithful droid that’s as charming as he is useful, will help players navigate and explore diverse planets including the Wookiee homeworld, Kashyyyk, and the never-before-seen planet Zeffo. Cal and his companions are trying to stay one step ahead of the Empire and his new enemy, the Inquisition’s Second Sister, while they unravel a mystery tied to an ancient alien civilization that could help rebuild the Jedi Order.

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order is now available both digitally and in stores on the Xbox One, PlayStation®4 and PC via Origin™, Steam and the Epic Games Store. Origin Access Premier subscribers will get full access to Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Deluxe Edition on PC for as long as they are subscribed.

?????? Huge congrats to Respawn ??????

Best Star Wars game ever made? Yeah, sure thing, "business Insider". Fallen Order is a good game but it's not KotOR or its sequel.

In fact there's a lot of room for improvement here. Level design and navigation is subpar, combat feels unpolished, platforming lacks precision, storytelling is weirdly paced (nothing really happens after the first two hours and before the last two hours). It's a nice mix of popular games and genres, there's a lot of variety on offer and I'm really glad it's also doing well. As a game though it does nothing remarkably well and it benefits a lot from its license in a way that it makes people look past its shortcomings. I do hope Respawn gets another shot at this so they can build an improved sequel. It's a solid foundation to build upon.

I played some of this. Ehh. It’s a weird thing to get dick envy about but I was watching someone play it on Grandmaster difficulty and they died a lot but was getting through it. I’m playing it on Normal and not dying as much as them and getting through it but pound for pound they are much better at swinging their lightsaber around than me

I played on Jedi Master and it started out rather challenging and then became easier as I went on, kind of mimicking Cal's progression as a Jedi. Can't imagine playing this on Grandmaster though, combat isn't even remotely precise enough for that difficulty being enjoyable for me.

Yeah the combat is very, very clunky. It most reminds me of Insomniac’s Spider-Man where all the systems are there, but at best they are inelegant and when fights get complicated and a bunch of things are happening it turns in to a real clunky, stilted mess. I think it comes from probably a rushed timetable for the movie and TV show but also inexperience at Respawn. 

It all works but there’s just so many issues with awkward animations, confused camera, enemies getting stuck on geometry, difficult visual cues, etc. Spider-Man would often devolve into a scrappy, panicky button masher when too much was happening but in Star Wars sometimes even in one on one battles I can’t tell what’s working and what isn’t. I’m on the 4th planet and have been fighting some new enemies for about an hour or so and I’ve only just noticed I’m taking damage when I’m trying to block and I don’t know why. 

The block and parry in this game is the weirdest thing to me outside of combat glitches. It’s odd that you can’t parry multiple strikes in a row. If an enemy comes at you with a 3 hit combo then you can only parry the first attack and have to hold block for the others or if there is a deliberate pause in the enemy’s attack pattern and you have time to drop your guard just to raise it again you can parry then, too. But it’s weird that being a Jedi the character is so slow and clunky with his lightsaber. 

I think that’s where the title clashes with it’s inspiration because from a Soul’s game perspective it makes sense that you can’t parry like crazy because of animation priority, but it’s weird that in a Star Wars action game the Jedi is so slow. 

I finally had what I feel like was one of the first big boss fights in the game (The game certainly had mini bosses and bad guys with health bars before) but there’s a fight with a character called the Ninth Sister and fucking hell it’s one of the hardest fights I’ve had in a game all year. It was so tough I really feel like I was missing a trick. Good luck on Hard mode, Mary!

And all that stuff you’ve heard about graphical glitches, sound bugs and being really, surprisingly unpolished? It’s true...all of it.

No seriously, it’s fucking ridiculous I can’t remember where the “6 more months” comment came from but man does this game need help all over. I love Respawn, and the game is not bad by any means, but from such a high profile developer this game is embarrassing.

On 27/11/2019 at 09:27, Maryokutai said:

Best Star Wars game ever made? Yeah, sure thing, "business Insider". Fallen Order is a good game but it's not KotOR or its sequel.

In fact there's a lot of room for improvement here. Level design and navigation is subpar, combat feels unpolished, platforming lacks precision, storytelling is weirdly paced (nothing really happens after the first two hours and before the last two hours). It's a nice mix of popular games and genres, there's a lot of variety on offer and I'm really glad it's also doing well. As a game though it does nothing remarkably well and it benefits a lot from its license in a way that it makes people look past its shortcomings. I do hope Respawn gets another shot at this so they can build an improved sequel. It's a solid foundation to build upon.

It’s definitely up there for me, I never played KotOR though, the only one I can think of that’s better (in terms of SP SW games) off the top of my head is Republic Commando.

I don’t really have many issues with the level design, it is inelegant at times maybe but good overall for me, the art design with so much grey is more of an issue for me. I like the combat too but it’s definitely nowhere near as good as I was expecting it to be and is a bit simplistic at times. The storytelling is definitely weird though, I’m 20 hours in and next to nothing has happened aside from the first 2 hours.

It’s pretty much the modern Tomb Raider series but with melee combat, it’s literally that. I almost think of it as the 4th game in that franchise sometimes, I mean there’s even tombs and stuff in this, it’s pretty mad how similar they are. It’s definitely

unoriginal and a tried and true template at this stage but I’m still enjoying it.

16 hours ago, Maf said:

Yeah the combat is very, very clunky. It most reminds me of Insomniac’s Spider-Man where all the systems are there, but at best they are inelegant and when fights get complicated and a bunch of things are happening it turns in to a real clunky, stilted mess. I think it comes from probably a rushed timetable for the movie and TV show but also inexperience at Respawn. 

It all works but there’s just so many issues with awkward animations, confused camera, enemies getting stuck on geometry, difficult visual cues, etc. Spider-Man would often devolve into a scrappy, panicky button masher when too much was happening but in Star Wars sometimes even in one on one battles I can’t tell what’s working and what isn’t. I’m on the 4th planet and have been fighting some new enemies for about an hour or so and I’ve only just noticed I’m taking damage when I’m trying to block and I don’t know why. 

The block and parry in this game is the weirdest thing to me outside of combat glitches. It’s odd that you can’t parry multiple strikes in a row. If an enemy comes at you with a 3 hit combo then you can only parry the first attack and have to hold block for the others or if there is a deliberate pause in the enemy’s attack pattern and you have time to drop your guard just to raise it again you can parry then, too. But it’s weird that being a Jedi the character is so slow and clunky with his lightsaber. 

I think that’s where the title clashes with it’s inspiration because from a Soul’s game perspective it makes sense that you can’t parry like crazy because of animation priority, but it’s weird that in a Star Wars action game the Jedi is so slow. 

I finally had what I feel like was one of the first big boss fights in the game (The game certainly had mini bosses and bad guys with health bars before) but there’s a fight with a character called the Ninth Sister and fucking hell it’s one of the hardest fights I’ve had in a game all year. It was so tough I really feel like I was missing a trick. Good luck on Hard mode, Mary!

And all that stuff you’ve heard about graphical glitches, sound bugs and being really, surprisingly unpolished? It’s true...all of it.

No seriously, it’s fucking ridiculous I can’t remember where the “6 more months” comment came from but man does this game need help all over. I love Respawn, and the game is not bad by any means, but from such a high profile developer this game is embarrassing.

I think Spider-Man’s combat is completely different to this myself, that’s more of a reactive brawler and this is more of a (wannabe) precise battler, it doesn’t quite get there because it’s just too imprecise but they have tried. Comparing it to SM though is like chalk and cheese for me. As middling as the combat is it works and is far from a mess for me, I think that’s a massive overreaction personally.

I don’t think the camera is that confused either, it can be a bit fidgety but it’s definitely not bad and hasn’t affected my enjoyment at all. 

The first real boss fight was cool and pretty tough, it’s in those moments where the combat really shines for me. I’m playing on Hard too and it wasn’t an issue, the game overall is massively underwhelming in terms of difficulty, I haven’t got to have my thinking cap on or guard up when walking around a level like I do in Souls etc. 

I haven’t had many issues really, I’ve had little graphical glitches and time’s where I’ll jump onto a pipe and Cal will do a T pose. It’s definitely unpolished but I think making it out to be some kind of massive mess of a game just because of a few small niggling issues is a little disingenuous personally. I haven’t had one texture load in issue like you had in that first video clip throughout my 20 hours with it.

I like what I’ve played so far. It’s a bit too grey sometimes and incredibly unoriginal but it works, the music is fantastic and I like getting lost in the tombs and stuck on some of the puzzles, seeing all the exotic weird plant life and enemies. I wish the plot and combat were better and more involving but yeah I like it and I’m enjoying it. It’s no more than a 7/10 for me so far apart from the opening which was amazing, but yeah, it’s an easy game to enjoy.

If you’re a fan of the recent Tomb Raider games you will like this. If you’re a SW fan too you will probably love it.

I don’t know what your playing on but on Xbox One X this game is a mess. It’s glitchy out the ass all the time since the start of the game until near the end. I think the other thing that doesn’t come across in those videos is just the constant struggling with performance, too. I don’t know why but I’ve returned to the first planet to get some collectibles and stuff and it is running twice as bad than it was at the start of the game. I can’t say what the FPS is because I’m not good at that stuff but it is completely shot right now and all over the place.

I’m not saying the game is like Spider-Man in play style I’m saying it’s like Spider-Man in how the mechanics sometimes bump into each other and it becomes a mess. Also like Spider-Man there is just some clear inexperience in the combat design. Especially around visual cues and the unreliability of moves. Like when an enemy is gold you can’t see their unblockable red attacks, it’s hard to tell when an attack has been successfully blocked (I thought I was blocking attacks for ages before realising I was taking damage), so many times I’ve hit the stim pack button and Cal has said one of his phrases for help and yet nothing happens, aiming rockets back at guys are easy to catch but weirdly difficult to aim back when it should be an automatic action, your own stamina bar is too small and it’s hard to see how much is left, etc, etc. 

And most of that can be applied to just one on one battles. When it’s a group of bad guys, even more so when they ambush which this one is preference, but the game is kind of lazy and bullshit about. So many guys hiding around corners. But when it’s a group of bad guys the lock on is really crappy, it won’t target enemies shooting from high up, constantly getting attacked from off screen, finishing moves being interrupted, the dodge button just sets you up to be hit by some else’s attack if not a follow up attack. 

Then as a bonus, throw in terrible frame rate on a clunky, animation priority game and yikes. 

I’m not saying it’s like Spider-Man in terms of what is inspired by, but it’s like Spider-Man in terms of how it falls down.

I’ve seen other people say they find it not very difficult either but for me this is top 5 hardest games of the generation. I’m probably awful at it but I can’t think of another game harder than this off the top

27 minutes ago, Maf said:

don’t know why but I’ve returned to the first planet to get some collectibles and stuff and it is running twice as bad than it was at the start of the game.

That could be a memory leak, in which case restarting the game could help

Or it could be like Skyrim, where the save gets larger and introduces more processing time all the time in the background. In which case you're boned

Got to say as someone who was semi interested in playing Sekiro but with Jedi all the stuff about janky, unfinished gameplay systems is putting me way more off than framerate/graphics. Doesnt seem likely either that a patch will fix it considering how well this is selling, like why bother if this is good enough lol

I don’t think they could patch the combat because, bugs aside, it’s not a technical problem but a design one. What will fix it will be a sequel now they’ve got this to build off. 

Which for me goes across the board. Not just combat but the traversal mechanics are lacking, the level design has no sense of direction (So many times I’ve had to stop and think “Ok, where have I come from and what is my objective?” to try figure out where I am and what I should do). Set pieces are quite bland and uninteresting. Just a lot of Mario 64 style slides while stuff happens around you. 

To be clear I do like this game. It is ‘good enough’. But even though Respawn’s first non-FPS (I think) I still expected a lot more from it. Like it’s hard to understand why the big cinematic moments are so lacking (And few and far between) when just a couple of years ago they made Titanfall 2 which, although an FPS, has amazing set pieces and action and levels that flow so well. Some of those skills must be transferable I would of thought. 

But it is good enough. 

49 minutes ago, Maf said:

I don’t know what your playing on but on Xbox One X this game is a mess. It’s glitchy out the ass all the time since the start of the game until near the end. I think the other thing that doesn’t come across in those videos is just the constant struggling with performance, too. I don’t know why but I’ve returned to the first planet to get some collectibles and stuff and it is running twice as bad than it was at the start of the game. I can’t say what the FPS is because I’m not good at that stuff but it is completely shot right now and all over the place.

I’m not saying the game is like Spider-Man in play style I’m saying it’s like Spider-Man in how the mechanics sometimes bump into each other and it becomes a mess. Also like Spider-Man there is just some clear inexperience in the combat design. Especially around visual cues and the unreliability of moves. Like when an enemy is gold you can’t see their unblockable red attacks, it’s hard to tell when an attack has been successfully blocked (I thought I was blocking attacks for ages before realising I was taking damage), so many times I’ve hit the stim pack button and Cal has said one of his phrases for help and yet nothing happens, aiming rockets back at guys are easy to catch but weirdly difficult to aim back when it should be an automatic action, your own stamina bar is too small and it’s hard to see how much is left, etc, etc. 

And most of that can be applied to just one on one battles. When it’s a group of bad guys, even more so when they ambush which this one is preference, but the game is kind of lazy and bullshit about. So many guys hiding around corners. But when it’s a group of bad guys the lock on is really crappy, it won’t target enemies shooting from high up, constantly getting attacked from off screen, finishing moves being interrupted, the dodge button just sets you up to be hit by some else’s attack if not a follow up attack. 

Then as a bonus, throw in terrible frame rate on a clunky, animation priority game and yikes. 

I’m not saying it’s like Spider-Man in terms of what is inspired by, but it’s like Spider-Man in terms of how it falls down.

I’ve seen other people say they find it not very difficult either but for me this is top 5 hardest games of the generation. I’m probably awful at it but I can’t think of another game harder than this off the top

I’m playing on PC. Again, I’ll reiterate that I haven’t had many issues at all other than the very minor kind that are easily ignored ?‍♀️. Not had issues with performance either, I had to turn some settings initially to get it running at 60FPS but since then it runs very smoothly for the most part with some occasional dips here and there. Not had any issues when returning to planets either.

Right, I think I understand where you’re coming from. I think Spidey’s combat is far better at signalling when you’re going to be hit with visual cues, it’s similar to the Arkham games in giving you some huge sign above the baddies’ head when an incoming attack is gonna hit you. There isn’t that level of visual cue here but I do think it’s easy enough to see when an enemy is red and has an unblockable attack incoming, likewise I think enemies telegraph their attacks well enough so you can predict when they’ll attack. I do think you don’t really need to look for these tells though and can just brute force your way through most encounters though. I’ve had the stim pack issue a handful of times throughout my 20 hours but nowhere near enough to become an issue for me. I haven’t redirected a rocket yet ?

The lock on is not the best in crowds so I usually don’t put it on and button mash in crown situations until I’m left with a 1 on 1 with the hardest enemy left standing. I don’t mind the ambushing either, keeps me on my toes a little bit. I don’t mind attacks being interrupted either as that happens in Souls and it’s fine with me. 

Far from yikes for me. The combat works, it’s not the best and definitely needs work in a possible sequel but it’s serviceable for me, lots of room for improvement though. 

Jeez, one hardest games of the gen?! ? It catches me off guard occasionally and the few boss battles I have to concentrate on but most of the time I don’t really have to think about the combat at all, just mindlessly react to it.

19 hours ago, Maf said:

Personally I think that was one of the easiest duels in the game. There's one later on Dathomir that I found really tough and I only got through it thanks to a bunch of Stims (had 7 of them available at the time). Had to try that one a couple of times but after that the game becomes significantly easier, even on Jedi Master. You can brute force your way through a lot of stuff and dodging seems more reliable than parrying most of the time. I'd also recommend investing in the skill that fills up your force bar whenever you use a Stim because getting that one back up in a bossfight is super risky otherwise.

Yeah I done that boss too and thought it was just as hard. I don’t know what brute force means to everyone else but button mashing and constant pressure doesn’t work for me. They just challenge through or knock me down with force push. 

I guess it’s just me but I think this is not as punishing but harder than any Dark Souls game 

My absolute number 1 thing I hate about the combat is when you’re getting hit and stuck in an enemy combo you can’t block any hits after the first one you just have to take it. But you can roll out of the way. However some of the attacks are so wide and reaching all you do is roll away and get hit again. Also if you panic and hit dodge or block alternating then Cal just won’t do anything. So once you start getting hit the best defence is to not press any button and just take it and lose 3/4’s of your health.

Fuck. Off.