passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Gotham Knights

DisturbedSwan

"Beware The Court of Owls, that watches all the time, ruling Gotham from a shadow perch, behind granite and lime. They watch you at your hearth, they watch you in your bed, speak not a whispered word of them or they'll send The Talon for your head."

Presumably this is some sort of reboot of the Batman games (Although I assume a lot of the old mechanics and whatnot will carry over). I hope we get a new art style as well. Hopefully something more graphic novel like. Where it’s cartoon like, but still violent, twisted and dark. Particularly for Court of Owls story. 

57 minutes ago, Maf said:

Origins had problems but significantly underrated. I don’t know if I would say it was better than Arkham Knight but I liked it way more than Arkham City 

Yeah Origins is criminally underrated, probably my second fave Batman: Arkham game after Asylum.

If I had to list them all I’d go:

Asylum, 

Origins,

City,

Knight.

Assuming this is going to play along the same lines as the previous Batman games Court of Owls could potentially be actually a really good follow up to Arkham Asylum. Where the game is more centred in one place instead of having all of Gotham to roam around in. In the story there’s a bit where Batman gets lost in a maze and it’s creepy and he is being watched the whole time. If they wanted to take massive liberties they could adapt that sequence into it’s own Metroidvania style labyrinth. Although not sure how you would justify Batman finding upgrade tools in a place where he is supposed to die ? Maybe they focus on he’s ingenuity and he makes things out of scraps he finds lying around. 

Putting £10 down now that a collectible in the game will be finding photos of people the Court killed

They had that one good mini game where you would chase Firefly and pop out of the Batmobile and take him down out of the air. Also being able to call it from anywhere and land in it was pretty bad ass.

It was just the part where it turned into a tank and shot things with it which was like ? It was still sort of fun in a cheap, arcade-y way but just didn’t really fit. 

They should of put Origins on that remastered pack for PS4/Xbox. It was the only game of the 3 that was actually in dire need of some restoration. I remember on PS3 at least that game was slooooooooooow. Plus it could of done with the exposure. It has the best story and bosses out of all those games for sure. 

11 hours ago, Maf said:

Origins had problems but significantly underrated. I don’t know if I would say it was better than Arkham Knight but I liked it way more than Arkham City 

If Origins is better than City then it's automatically better than whatever Knight was.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I’m not really a fan of game “leakers”. I don’t get it. What’s the point of what she’s doing? I mean I don’t really care about Batman but I wouldn’t like to find out about a game I was interested in from her. 

4 hours ago, radiofloyd said:

I’m not really a fan of game “leakers”. I don’t get it. What’s the point of what she’s doing? I mean I don’t really care about Batman but I wouldn’t like to find out about a game I was interested in from her. 

Feeling important for a day or two.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Eurogamer: Gotham Knights Game Domain registered

Other domains registered include "SuicideSquadGame.com" and "GothamKnightsGame.com". 

Gotham Knights refers to the unannounced Batman game currently in development at Batman Arkham Origins studio Warner Bros. Montreal. 

Both projects are set to be teased at Warner Bros.' upcoming DC Fandome event in August, Eurogamer understands. 

Expect to see a little of Gotham Knights, which while unannounced has been continually hypedvia various "Court of Owls" hints for more than a year.