passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Gears 5

Nag

14 minutes ago, Nag said:

That's you fucked then...😉

Pretty much, I did install it as soon as I got my XSX in July with the intention of possibly giving it another go but I haven't touched it as of yet. I didn't have the best experience trying to pick up where I left off with randoms the last time I tried and I hate playing these games on my own as I attempted that with 3 and it bored me to tears. 

2 minutes ago, bellow said:

Feck me. What counts as a good game in your book, then?

Loads of stuff, I'm not gonna list them all :lol: .

As I've said previously I loved Gears, Gears 2 and Gears 4 but hated Gears 3 and this one.

20 hours ago, Maf said:

Seems like you more just hate playing the game solo than hating the game itself 

I think it's a bit of both. Co-op just papers over the cracks a bit if that makes sense. For me, these games are a fun, dumb, leave your brain at the front door type of affair, the dudebro characters laughable, likewise their macho chest-pumping and dick measuring equally laughable now (it was alright when I was a teenager but I just roll me eyes at most of it now). 

I played Gears 1 and 2 with mates online, then Gears 3 Campaign didn't even have matchmaking and I couldn't find anyone to play with so tried playing through solo for the first time which equalled misery and me quitting half way through or so. I played Gears 4 with @one-armed dwarf and we had a good time (despite the DeeBees) with it but then with 5 I was back trying to find randoms to play with to no avail (thankfully there's matchmaking this time around though). 

Thinking about it, I could try to convince the missus to play through it with me sometime in the future...I managed to do it for It Takes Two...

I played all of them solo and liked them just fine. I prefer the newer games because they're a tad more serious and I'd probably not enjoy 1 as much as I used to if I played it now but I never felt like I was missing something by not playing coop. Well, I did try 4 with maf a bit, but we didn't get too far.

But 5 in particular has some good moments that I think work better when you're playing it on your own and can take in the atmosphere and story. I really liked the first skiff area, there was something serene about it, very unusual for Gears.

I never play these games (or Halo games or any games actually🤣) as multiplayer games first time through, I hate the feeling of being rushed and maybe missing something important.

Holy shite. Not that I'm averse to a challenge, but some of the battles in act 4 are way beyond what I've experienced before in this series. It's pure mayhem. Half the time I'm running around trying to resuscitate my bleeding' team. And now I'm on this boss battle against a worm from dune and the cockney guy keeps getting sucked in and causing a game over. Stoopid git.

It's so tough I've had to take break. 

Done. I just had to equip boomshot to take his tonsils out in one hit to stop my teammates getting sucked in to wormy oblivion. 

Rather shockingly that turned out to be the end. What happened to Act 5? Although, to be honest, I was starting to wonder where the thing had left to go after Act 4. My trigger finger is still swollen.

Yeah, bloody great entry into the series. Maybe my favourite. Could have taken another 10 hours of skiffing around finding shit. Magnificent.6df0276c-c16d-4205-b069-5f8752fa8a58.png