passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Gears 5

Nag

7 hours ago, Nag said:

There pretty small scale skirmishes, worth doing them though... small tip, don't justly around aimlessly, you can use the com towers to locate side quests

Yea I played again earlier and first place I went to was that map unlock terminal. I actually quite like that little mini game. The “open world” isn’t anywhere near as bad as I feared. They’re just larger open areas rather than “worlds”. The 2 I’ve reached so far have been a reasonable size, it’s quick to get around them and the side missions were quick to do so didn’t have a problem doing them in end. Damages the pacing a bit though but not too bad. 

I noticed the 2nd map doesn’t have that same thing though? Did I miss something? I did find the side areas a lot easier on the 2nd map though so maybe didnt need it?  

You talking about the Desert area @mfnick?... yeah those do seemed to be designed that you find them a little easier without help, I think the main storyline actually takes you right past most of them.

The only weird thing about the desert area is the control point you later have to use to lower the bridge. It's accessible before that moment so I went in two times just to see what I was missing only to find out later that it's a story set piece. I feel like they should have just blocked it off prior to that.

Got my first Re-Up (think CoD Prestige) today...

IMG_20191007_191756.jpg

It was actually pretty painless to be honest, although I have still got double XP running from having the Ultimate Edition.

Getting to General rank in Tour of Duty seems doable at the minute... I'll apply myself for this one because if I don't it won't get done at all.

I'm also playing through the campaign again, just got to the third act and honestly, I'm not seeing the massive amounts of snark from Kait... I'm trying to find all of the components so I can upgrade Jack to max and I also have a couple of collectables to track down.

Got a Act 3 finished, that one started to drag a little bit. Got a slightly bored of the desert area and felt like it had a natural ending point just before the

Spoiler

ambush just after the starting airport fight before going back to the rocket through the same environment Id already been through earlier in the act. 

Ended just as I was starting to get down on it though so not bad really. 

Act 4 is already off to a better start, much more exciting and interesting, doesn’t seem to have a open area in it yet either slowing it down. Just reached the part

Spoiler

where the Kraken has started destroying all the beacons. 

Finished my replay of the campaign today (went the other way obviously, which I prefered tbh) managed to finish off the collectables but I've no idea what the game is doing with the components. Act 3 had around 40 plus that just didn't spawn in to locations where I knew they should be, leaving me short on being able to fully upgrade Jack.

As it stands I have no idea how I'm supposed to be able to unlock that achievement now...?

Does anything change if you make the other choice? 

Spoiler

I picked to save JD, partly because it felt like the game wanted me to pick Del since they made JD out to be a bit of a prick for most of it and fuck them for telling me how to think (jesting). But mainly because Marcus is my boy. So I had to save his son. Plus he seems better suited to carry on the war than that little bitch Del. 

2 hours ago, mfnick said:

Does anything change if you make the other choice? 

Not really...

Spoiler

Like others have said, it's mainly due to not fucking over Marcus...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

IMG_20191108_172837.jpg

Tour of Duty complete, well I have the achievement, I still need to actually finish the rank to get the weapon skin rewards but for all intents and purposes it's done.?

Completed on the franchise's 13th birthday too.???

• 2 months later...

So how long is this? I heard it was open world-ey, which I don't like the sound of tbh.

This game has maybe the best looking PC settings page I've ever seen. Each slider tells you how much VRAM or whatever it takes to run each setting as well as a screenshot showing you what the settings look like. More games do this, please.

16 minutes ago, one-armed dwarf said:

So how long is this? I heard it was open world-ey, which I don't like the sound of tbh.

I'd say you'd get the credits in 10ish hours even doing the optional stuff in the open world segments... depending what difficulty you're on of course.

Some of that can be ignored if you want to though and you won't be constantly hassled by scrub mobs either.