passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Deadly Premonition 2: A Blessing in Disguise

radiofloyd

For me DP1's charm was cause it had a ton of great ideas just thrown in regardless of whether they worked together, offbeat characters and plot and a sense of humour which was mostly self-aware but you couldn't always be sure. Lynchian americana through the lens of Japan.

I've heard ppl call it the Room of video games but that isn't it at all, it's a perfect storm of jank and ambition. As well as a love of Twin Peaks which is a little too on the nose. But I've seen a lot of ppl who just like it cause it's kind of bad. I mean it is a bad game but it's a bad game with lots of heart.

I'll probably try this if it comes to PC cause I reckon it will come to other platforms eventually. A PC or Ps4 port will probably brute force the bad optimisation, even 30fps with bad dips will be more playable than the consistent awfulness in the Sterling video.

still interested in seeing what the game is like

edit, point being is I really hope they didn't look at the framerate of the sequel and go "yeah, people will accept any old shit and like it cause it's DP". Seems like that could have happened

• 1 year later...