passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Astral Chain

one-armed dwarf

12 hours ago, one-armed dwarf said:

Did you beat it? Wondering what your thoughts are.

No sorry that’s some artwork Platinum put out to thank players for its success.

On 05/09/2019 at 10:15, DANGERMAN said:

No, I heard whoever you pick is basically silent so I picked the guy and let her have a personality. 

I want to know what the male toilets look like tho. 

I think there’s a toilet in each level, I found a few but missed some too. Maybe there’s a cat in each level too, not got many of those.

i wasn’t sure I’d like this, the police busy work looked a bit boring from some videos, but I’m enjoying it, it’s quite compelling, exploring, helping people out, picking up cans, and locking up dangerous graffiti losers. Although it does seem like there should maybe be less of that stuff, or I need to ignore more of it. More importantly the fighting is fun, there’s lots of moves and stuff I keep forgetting and doing some stuff in the middle of all the action can be tricky, and I’m generally rubbish at this sort of thing but yeah I’m enjoying it just hammering away at the basic moves occasionally doing something cool. It’s an odd sort of game, linear police Rpg beat-em-up. Even the block puzzles and stealth sections are pretty fun...well the stealth was fun at first, was getting a little annoyed with the second one but it had checkpoints so wasn’t too bad.

^ yeah i agree with that really, there are a lot of things to control so it can get confusing, and i think it suits having longer to play so you can get in some fighting and some police busy work.

i just finished it and ended up really enjoying it. got a bit better at the combat but still was mainly just using the same moves and stuff but it was always enjoyable. still don't know what an AED is. the story really ramps up and delivers crazy cut scenes - sort of like i was hoping for from DMC5, but this does it better imo (although i liked DMC5 too). liked the music too, although it gets really intense in a 'you've got to rescue all the people right now' way but i'm strolling around looking for secret areas and picking up items and stuff.

well there is more after the credits...

Spoiler

there's combat challenges in chapter 12 that i thought you had to do to get the proper ending or something (don't think there is any more story actually), some of them are fun but some pretty annoying, think i only did the first 5 or so then got stuck. apparently there are ~70! so yeah i've got no chance. i barely died at all in the game but was playing one of the easier modes, this forces you to play on a harder mode (it seems a lot harder anyway) with barely any items.

• 5 months later...

I went back to this today. It took a bit to remember how everything worked, fortunately I hadn't stopped right before a boss or anything ? 

Spoiler

?

I've managed to get my head around it again, for the most part, so I'm going to keep plugging away, especially as I've now got most of the legions, so presumably I'm not a million miles away from finishing it (apparently I'm half way... ). I do like it, it's just, y'know, a lot. I've not had too much talking since I started it back up, not the fannying back and forth the game has you doing at the start at least, hopefully it keeps the pace up a bit more now, I don't need to spend time with the mascot, I just want to do levels, which to be fair, is what it's let me do today.

Except the stealth, I'm usually happy that a game mixes things up a bit, especially a lengthy game, but the stealth is awful, hopefully that one section was it, but if I was going to lengthen a game I'd reuse every aspect of it, unfortunately 

• 1 month later...

This is one weird game.  I'm three quarters the way through I'd say and it's just so much stuff in one game.  I'm not sure about the RPGness of it.  It seems like a lot of the stats and buffs are either pretty pointless or make the game play itself.  I dunno, maybe there is a good build you could go for but the equipment used for buffs are really random. 

Fighting is pretty fun but combo chains are pretty long and it's hard to interrupt enemy attacks and you can't cancel out of moves so it's a bit slow (slows maybe the wrong word).  It's fine though, it's just not that kind of Platinum title.  It's got quite a bit more in common to Nier than I expected. 

Some of these other dimension sections are quite Zelda-like, and then goes all adventure game with the police work.  None of it is particularly polished but it all has its charm. 

But it has a lot of charm.  Toilet fairies and finding and adopting stray cats as secrets is all good stuff. 

I'm having a good time with it

• 4 months later...