passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Astral Chain

one-armed dwarf

Well its just at the start of file 3 you're running around doing dog tutorials, then talking to NPCs and solving riddles and things, then doing platforming. Then scanning things. Only then you get to fight.

Like the fighting isn't bad, but it's basic and relies heavily on simple pattern recognition and zoning around with your legion. It's ordinary combat thrown in with this sort of Parasite Eve-esque cop JRPG but it's not good enough at either to keep me interested.

I'd rather play Parasite Eve or dmc or Bayo. Anyway I'll zip it, I've nothing more to add right now.

I keep attacking my legion. He basically looks the same as the enemies.

Only played the intro and the first training section, but I'm worried. It's a bit messy in the combat, almost to the point where I'm questioning whether it's a suitable proposition for the Switch, especially in handheld mode.

I'll have to see if my mince pies can become accustomed to the on-screen confusion. Outside of combat it's a nice looking game.

Got to the first boss. Certainly no Bayonetta, is it? I mean even in the very first chapter of Bayo you felt in control of her basic combos and her signature dodge. But here I'm struggling.

I know it's me. I know I'll get used to moving my legion with my thumb, but there's also a lack of feedback in the attacks. I have no idea of the effectiveness of any of the moves I'm doing because of sheer confusion on screen. 

At the moment I'm feeling it as a quick playthru on the default difficulty and a hasty trade for link's awakening.

It does get easier but at the same time you can also unlock an ability for your Pokemon to quick chain enemies by holding left trigger and pressing whatever you have the skill mapped to. So it becomes less of an issue. 

Just picked up my third slave and I'm enjoying it. Only thing I'm not keen on are the platforming sections. It always feels so finicky and half the time I get caught on scenery either at the start or end of the jump so it never really flows into the game. It's like stop, aim, stick tongue out, jump... fuck. Retry. 

I played a bit of this last night. Not too much just the intro level and walking around the police station. Seems alright so far, I was struggling to read the game (as in health and cool down etc) but I was playing handheld so a bigger screen might fix that. So far it seems a bit fiddly but very simple, given that I've not actually done the tutorial yet that's probably too early to judge 

You should probably learn to use your legion as a sort of dodging option. Like place him way over wherever and do that thing where you bring your character over to it, like an anchor

That's one trick I learned anyway, but I'm not in a hurry right now to return to this.

Anyway it's a bit early for the no damage runs. I had about 100 hours in dmc5 before I started doing that (still working on it)

I’m not realistically planning out no damage runs, I could never do that, but in other games like this I always let my guard down and forget something and get tagged a few times, but I can’t avoid anything in this game. I just get pushed around really easily. 

On the one hand I should probably put some real time in to it and play it a bunch to understand it better, but on the other hand I don’t really like it enough to try that hard.

I want to have a good time with it and feel good playing it but it seems pretty undoable. You either work at it, suck at it or put it on easy. And I refuse to do any of these things. 

14 minutes ago, bellow said:

And whose idea was it to have your companions look just like your enemies?

To be fair you can change their colour to a very attractive shade of radioactive green if you wanted to. 

@wiivo 2.0

No, I heard whoever you pick is basically silent so I picked the guy and let her have a personality. 

I've still barely managed to spend any time with this but I'm now in to the first mission proper. It's a bit clunky and I don't really like how you control the legion, but some of that will be because I'm playing on handheld. I'm wrapping people up ok, not managed to do the fling back in an actual fight yet, that's where I think the movement controls could be better