Sign in to follow this  
Nag

Control

So, straight off the bat this game is weird...

IMG_58d5e56f-88fe-4e17-9d48-b3d84773e48e.png

As in... It feels like I've been dumped in to the middle of a story and have no knowledge of what's gone (or going) on. It seems like it's a cross of every recent weird TV show or film from recent times, there's touches of Inception, Lost and God knows what else in here so far.

IMG_5305a116-ab8d-41de-8e14-be620ae5eb38.png

Jesse (the main character) seems fine so far, she handles well enough... Shooting seems a little loose but I've turned off a couple of aim assists so that may explain that, I've only unlocked a couple of abilities (like launch) but that's opened up combat a little... I'm enjoying what I've played so far.

IMG_5fe0d80e-532e-46f7-8bf9-bb9b4fa994f3.png

Oddly, the game this most reminds me of somehow is a Dead Space game but I can't quite put my finger on why... 

I'm definitely interested to see where they take the story in this as so far it's weird as fuck and I have no idea where it's going.

10 minutes ago, one-armed dwarf said:

Heard this being compared to House of Leaves. ?

Well that just entirely piqued my interest.

9 hours ago, one-armed dwarf said:

Heard this being compared to House of Leaves. ?

I've no idea what that is...

I'm on Mission Six (been doing side stuff and whatnot)... And unless something happens quickly I'm about ready to write the story off. I enjoyed the stories of Alan Wake and Quantum Break but this is leaving me cold for some reason.

I do enjoy the combat though, which although there's only a select few enemy types generally remains fun... Looking around at the area's you just fought in brings up a surprising amount of structural damage to which is pretty impressive.

I will also say I would not like to be playing this on either base console... Even on the X I'm getting a few too many performance issues.

i only played the start so far but it seemed interesting, ^ shame it sounds like it doesn't really go anywhere. there doesn't seem to be any difficulty options? if not i might leave it for now in the hope a difficulty option gets patched in.

this ray tracing stuff, i don't know, i probably can't even tell, the reflections do look nice though i guess.

27 minutes ago, spatular said:

if not i might leave it for now in the hope a difficulty option gets patched in.

There's been nothing particularly hard in the time I've put in so far... Just keep moving during combat.

i'm not very good at this sort of game but yeah i might keep going, see how it goes. getting it for "free" means i'm not that bothered about playing it right now, happy to wait.

House of Leaves is a book about a house which has impossible dimensions and drives people crazy trying to solve the mystery of it @Nag

I just found it interesting to hear it compared to this when I thought it was just another generic Remedy shooter. It made me a little more interested anyway

The name of this game is awful because whenever I put it in too Google it just shows me a bunch of Xbox controllers blabada 

1 minute ago, Maf said:

The name of this game is awful because whenever I put it in too Google it just shows me a bunch of Xbox controllers blabada 

It must make searching the price on Amazon an absolute nightmare...?

I’m trying to compare prices but it’s no use look 

EDFJbIlWwAYWCb_.jpg

Some serious bullshit

I will make lots of money and consult them on their SEO. Someone give me their phone number. 

EDJzxfYXkAYbdDB.jpg

I’m telling you it’s a bad name. Even with the added filters I could apply to that search wouldn’t help

Reminds me of the time I was innocently trying to buy a Buddha statue for my garden, and the wife walked in just as I googled 'large Asian busts.'

Listening to the beastcast talk about this has turned it from a "meh, no interest" into a "I really want to play this now". 

But apparently it runs like shit on PS4. Between this and WoW Classic I'm feeling the lack of PC more and more. But I can't justify that cost right now.

@Maf give me your savings