passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Crayola Scoot

DANGERMAN

This is £2.50 at the minute so I picked it up. What I wasn't really expecting was that it's kind of hard? Maybe I'm missing something but there's a couple of things I've tried on it that I just can't do, not helped that the controls seem backwards to me. 

The general set up is that it's Tony Hawk (on a scooter) meets Splatoon. So you need to Scoot around pulling off tricks, which earns you points, but quite often the way you win is to fling more paint around than everyone else. The level I'm struggling with, which I think you can just not do, is that, only one of the racers infects other people with his colour (you too if you aren't careful), meaning he's potentially got 4 other people colouring in the map, I've managed 2nd on it once 

Another event is picking up crayons, you get an indicator to show where to look which helps, the controls are more of an enemy there. Which brings me to that. Jump is on the analogue stick, down then up (or just tap up), boost is on B. The tricks are also on the analogue stick rather than face buttons, I think my old man brain still remembers jump in this kind of game being a button press, I'd rather that. 

Progress is 2-fold as far as I can tell. You earn medals for winning events, but levelling up gets you challenged, beat the racer who has challenged you and you climb the leader board, plus you open up new worlds to race events in 

The other issues are the loading and generally how long it takes to get in to an event. I'd rathe menus than a hub world really. It's not bad though, more work than I expected or wanted so I probably won't stick with it. I might try it on the tv at some point and see if that's a better experience than handheld