passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Centy

All Ghillied Up on Veteran is insultingly hard, specifically the bit where you put your Captain down and wait for the chopper to arrive. I nearly lost my pad a few times - I really had to stop myself from throwing the bastard at the wall. Still, I got past it and seeing as my net still seems to be up and down (or Live) I might have to plough on and finish the fight.

Oh, wrong game.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive completed it a couple of times, its so great my balls came clean off both times through. waiting for the helicopter on All Ghillied Up is pretty intense stuff! i prefer this to gears, but what really suprised me was that it looks better than it too! yeah theres the occasional ugly texture when you pull up close to an object for cover, usually due to memory or disk space restraints i imagine, but everything thats going on, and the vast majority of everything you can see visually from textures to models to animation to the set pieces made my balls fly out of the window

• 2 weeks later...

aww i missed that

i have a question to ask.

My friend has been playin cod4 online and he got up to 38 but he filed a complaint on someone and he did the same thing back, next thing he knew, he was back on lvl 27. he got put back 12 levels, he made his way back up to lvl 36 and all a sudden hes on 27 again. the exact same spot as before.

Any ideas or suggestions which cud help?

you have to play the multiplayer, it's awesome amounts of fun, if you boys are about laeter I'll probably be playing with a couple of mates.

It's not really that noob unfriendly to be honest, I'm rubbish at it (11% accuracy on my scoreboard :huh: :huh: ) and still have loads of fun

There is a levelling up system, as you get to higher levels you get more guns etc, but the basic guns you start with are some of the better guns anyway

come play :)

pickled wrote:

It's not really that noob unfriendly to be honest, I'm rubbish at it (11% accuracy on my scoreboard :huh: :huh: ) and still have loads of fun

yeah it's not too bad if your new as the M16 gun you get straight away is the one i always use, you just need to get 25 (i think?) kills with it (not hard) to get the red dot sight, and 2 of the 3 perks i use i think are available from the start too (stopping power and the extra penetration one). it could be bad from the start if you prefer a different setup? though i do ok with that one. there are some good perks to unlock later on but it doesn't hinder you that much not having them. i much prefer halo 3 online but would say this is probably the easier game to get into for a "noob" despite the unlock system.

My CoD hymen has been broken.

Played some good matches with picks and TopGun, and apart from one time when we got raped, we did pretty well.

The lobby crashed twice though, the second time I got a random invite to play (presumably from someone I'd just played with) and it was mostly French (or French-Canadian) guys and one American. Guess what happened!

Yeeeeeah. B)

I had my first ever taste of the American Live reputation. It was awesome. I got called 'gay', 'faggot' and French. Words can't come close.

I've got a tear in my eye.

yeah good games guys. i really do love this game. it's - in every possible sense of the word - awesome. its multi is a perfect alternative to halo 3's, i like to swap around between playing the two games. be playing some halo 3 with hendo soon if anyone fancies it

and as i was telling hendo, i havent been called names yet but i did get rather annoyed at a prepubescent yank saying 'killed your ass' very nasally (as most yanks are) every fucking time he killed someone.

i started cod 4 on veteran yesterday, holy shit. some of the most frustrating moments in gaming to be had there. there is a massive element of luck/coincidence in passing some of those missions i reck. anyway started it up again this evening, got up to the epilogue mission where you have to save the VIP on the plane. havent attempted yet, i hear its harder than fossilised shit