passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

PictoQuest: The Cursed Grids

retroed

4 hours ago, mfnick said:

Can you use the touch screen in handheld mode to play it? 

NWR: Are the controls buttons only or can you use the touchscreen?

HB: Just button controls.This is mainly due to the fact that we have large grids. In portable mode, with only fingers, the player would certainly have lost in accuracy and readability.

I watched the video, didn't really understand what I was looking at but, the idea of a RPG hybrid did remind me of Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords, which I sank many hours into back on my old DS. So I'll keep this one on the radar.

Done the first 25% in pretty much one sitting, in to the wood area. It's good, I've been playing it purely as picross, not really done anything with the other mechanics but I'll need to start to now I think. The design is lovely, I'm surprised Jupiter haven't done something similar themselves.

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Hendo said:

I'm about 40% in on this.

I'm enjoying it, but really missing the function from the Jupiter games where you can put fake squares in to test stuff. Unless it's there and I missed the option?

It isn't, there are a few QoL things missing from this that put me off playing, the other is the ability to hold down ZR (I think) to count squares as well.