passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Got OLED? How’s the Motion?

mfnick

As some of you know I got a beautiful LG OLED B8 55” TV a couple of months ago. 

It’s stunning.

However Not too long after getting it I noticed on certain panning shots or fast images the motion stutters and skips a bit. I can actually see the frames of some scenes. If it’s small object it gets a bit of artefacting/pixelation around the object too. Now that I’ve seen it, I’ve become very very sensitive to it and it’s really ruining the experience now and become very distracting. 

Ive done some googling and seen a lot of other people complaining about the same thing. But also a lot of people saying it’s fine and that everyone sees it differently. I’ve also seen a couple of reports that some screens are just better than others and after a few returns they’ve managed to get one that doesn’t do it... 

I just wondered if theres anyone in here with the same TV who’s having the same problems and/or if they managed to sort it?

BTW it’s mainly with films (24fps seems to cause he biggest issues) and programmes. Games actually seem fine if they have a solid frame rate whether 30 or 60. They do look significantly worse if the frame rate alters though.

This is easily one of he most extravagant purchases I’ve ever made and it’s sooo disappointing to have this happening. Especially since I’ve never had this issue before and I’ve never spent more than £350 on a TV before. So frustrating. Especially since when it’s all working right and in 4K HDR the picture is unreal. 

Halp!

"This LG OLED B8 has bad stutter on slow fps content. It has bad stutter on low fps content due to the instantaneous response time. This can result in jarring motion during panning shots on 24p movies. If you find stutter bothersome, you can remove it using the excellent motion interpolation features of the TV."

Sounds like you're going to have to be one of those soap opera effect assholes ?

That sounds like the article from rtings  I read. Problem is I’ve turned that trumotion thing on they’re on about which they claim sorts it and I still have the stuttering issue. It makes it a lot better but doesn’t fix it completely. Makes it better while adding artifacting. Does it for anyone else?