passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Films II : The Filminator

Bob

The Super Mario Bros. Movie I was worried it’d just be for the little uns which would be fine. But my god i absolutely loved it from beginning to end. They really made everything available to them so fun and meaningful. Never a dull moment. 9/10

I watched Sisu the other night. I'm kind of glad I didn't watch it at the cinema because I burst out laughing at the first death. 

It's kind of what you expect, Finish grindhouse. It's over the top brutal nonsense. It's a fun watch though 

I just watched The Meg. It looked fun in the trailer and I’d been meaning to watching it since. But for 98% of the film there’s nothing happening and bad dialogue. Not funny bad. Just boring check the time bad. 4/10

I remembered to see it after I saw the trailer to the sequel out in august. After seeing one I thought fuck that. But then I noticed something about 2. The director. Ben Wheatley. I’m in!

In the Earth (2021 - now on Netflix)

Directed by Ben Wheatley it's another British folk horror tale, as summarised by @DANGERMAN on here back in May 21 (Pg 36).

It was okay, nothing particularly new that you haven't already seen in "Kill List" or "A Field in England", so you probably have a reasonable idea from the start how things might progress.

The Super Mario Bros Movie. Had a smile on my face the whole way through this. Enjoyed the various Easter eggs for the fans, and the music call backs to classic games in the series. And it’s a hell of a lot better than the live action remake 😄

I watched the original Amytiville Horror last night. Does it hold up? Absolutely not. I did like it before as a child then maybe early 20s but the whole movie just seems to have one short badly shot scare after the other. The one in which the priest goes blind is particularly bad. 5/10

Last week or so ago I watched Amityville: An Origin Story which unlike above was really entertaining. It’s a documentary about the real life events and ongoing obsession. My copy came from mgm+ but I think it’s on prime over here. 8/10

14 hours ago, mmmark said:

I’ve seen NOPE now and thought it was a bit weak until the final 30 minutes unfortunately. It would have been better suited as a regular ufo with a build up of horror scenes with aliens. 6/10

Isn't that just Signs? Also a good film tbf. I flip flopped between thinking NOPE was fantastic and a bit weak, but I saw it about 8 weeks ago or so and have thought about it a lot since so that's something