passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Films II : The Filminator

Bob

A mate sent me that movie poster earlier, I was sure it was gonna be next year. Pumped!

I saw the second one in the cinema when it came out, before I saw the first one. Knew nothing about it but loved it.

1 hour ago, mmmark said:

Bill and Ted > Wayne’s World

NOT !

I like both B&T movies, but as laughs go I think both WW movies are better than both B&T movies.

The B&T cartoon series was pretty good too though.

What I hadn't realised that there was also a 1992 B&T sitcom, but given it had neither lead actors, it unsurprisingly only lasted 6 episodes.

5 minutes ago, Nag said:

Yeah, have to agree... Wayne's World is better, its funnier and has Tia Carrera.

Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure is great though, Bogus Journey was trash.

I think I prefer Bogus Journey (that's the second one, right?) All the stuff with Death and the evil Bill and Ted's is A+.

I think I prefer B&T to WW, but WW is funnier. I dunno, close call, I like both.

Probably due a rewatch at some point, but I distinctly remember WW being bad, with canned laughter humour. While both B&T were amusing at best. Then again, early 90's I would have been 8-9? so it is hard to say if that is accurate.

No such word yet from Odeon. But there is a revised release list for this year:

Tenet

31/07/2020

Mulan

24/07/2020

Wonder Woman 1984

14/08/2020

A Quiet Place Part II

04/09/2020

Black Widow

06/11/2020

Soul

20/11/2020

Top Gun: Maverick

23/12/2020

Gemini Man (2019)

Will Smith, Mary Elizabeth Winstead and Clive Owen star in the Bourne like action thriller, directed by Ang Lee.

Pacy enough to hold your interest, and whilst the story perhaps doesn't really twist and turn too much once the key premise is revealed, its a decent enough popcorn film.

Note - it's not at all related to the short lived TV series from the 1970s of the same name.

Midnight Special - A science fiction/road trip thriller. A father on the run from a weird religious cult and the CIA with his son who is in possession of weird powers that both groups want to get hold of.  It's really visually great without bombarding you with special effects and interesting narrative without spoon-feeding you the plot.

3 hours ago, shinymcshine said:

Damn right for that price - I'll await the review of the experience you've had once you've been ?

It’s not that much. The price is per car so you could have 4 people but even with 2 it’s not much more than regular cinema. It’s more an experience of yesteryear you’re buying, not a way to see the latest blockbuster in your car for no reason.