passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Films II : The Filminator

Bob

Nah, Maguire is a piece of shit. My friend used to work in a coffee shop in Canada frequented by celebs filing up there. Maguire came in with his entourage and started talking about a Make A Wish Kid he just met. Kid wanted to meet Spider-Man, so the foundation got in touch with Maguire who went to meet the kid. The kid said something like "I'm glad I could meet you Spider-Man" and Maguire started laughing and said "I'm not Spider-Man". Apparently he was laughing his ass off while he recounted the story in the coffee shop. 

I get actors need to disassociate their characters from their real selves, but maybe don't laugh in a dying kids face while you do it?

Watched The Bye Bye Man last night...

It's absolute shite. Turns out it's based in an urban legend which actually sounds pretty cool, which makes the movie all the more frustrating because there was a lot of missed potential there. It could have been the next Candyman, but it's not even close. 

Unfriended

Cyber bullying leads to a girl committing suicide who then kills the main people who bullied her as a ghost while they’re all on a Skype group chat. All takes place through the computer screen. Interesting premise. Was ok I guess.

5/10 

28 minutes ago, mfnick said:

Hope that just makes them release them all online from the start from now on and they do really well off it just to spite the cinema companies. 

from what i read about this it's sort of the other way around - universal have been doing better than they expacted from streaming new films so said they'd keep doing it when the cinemas open again  - which seems to have angered the cinemas. as you'd expect i guess

12 minutes ago, spatular said:

streaming new films so said they'd keep doing it when the cinemas open again 

Ah fair enough, didn’t know that bit. Makes sense now, don’t blame the cinemas then to be honest. 

9 minutes ago, Nag said:

Apparently Hannah John-Kamen (Ant-man and the Wasp) has been offered the role of Jill Valentine in the Resident Evil Reboot that's due to be filmed...

resident-evil-remake-Hannah-John-Kamen-The-Illuminerdi.jpg

She could be fine, but shouldn't they wait a couple more years before restarting the films? So the spectre of the other films has properly faded?

I watched 21 Bridges over the weekend. Its nothing new but it is pretty good at what it does. It feels oddly out of time, really slickly made but  with a Charles Bronson level plot. I enjoyed it though, bit odd that they made the main character so hard to like, he's both incredibly uptight and has no regard for human life, the criminal is eminently more sympathetic, both of them. 

In other films that feel like they were written for someone else, Jason Statham seemingly owes someone in China money based on all the work he's doing for them. Safe is alright, it really feels like one of Jet Li's western films but again its pretty good, not the Meg good but watchable with some good action. It's about a girl who can remember everything, the Triads and the Russians want what she knows, Stath beats the shit out of them. Not bad to have on while doing something else 

I watched the remake of Suspiria today. It’s been too long since I watched the original to compare in detail but I can tell there were some major differences (the number one being the colour palette).

I liked it. It’s a film very much in the same vein as Hereditary. I was pretty much glued to the screen from beginning to end. It was long but it wasn’t boring (although the epilogue felt unnecessary). It felt very much like a mood piece above anything else and I think it succeeded at that. 

There were definitely visual references to The Shining and The Exorcist. I’d give it 8/10.

On 07/05/2020 at 12:22, radiofloyd said:

the number one being the colour palette

That’s what was missing for me to be fully on board. That and the repetitive goblin music. The original has a certain feel to it that the remake does not. It’s still a great film mind. But unlike the shorter better original I’ll never watch it again. 

Movie Description: 

A creature of another species with a love for good food meets a mess of a human down on his luck living in a shitty apartment and the creature can control the guy’s action and he’s unwilling at first but they learn to cooperate and together they can stop the evil rich man trying to take them down

tumblr_pgja62lDeR1syprwb_540.jpg tumblr_pgja626WZ81syprwb_540.jpg

Which film?

Ratatouille was no shitty apartment. I haven’t seen venom but I’d be surprised if it centred around its search of good food.

I started Det Pikachu last night. I might finish it. I might not bother. That’s my review. I’m not exactly target audience.