passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Films II : The Filminator

Bob

I watched the new Texas Chainsaw Massacre film that is 90 minutes. It was alright and definitely was better from being a tight running time as well as using practical fx (iirc). Story was whack. Made as a direct sequel and like Halloween brought back an original lead seeking revenge. Wasn’t bad. Could have been better. 7/10

Quiet Place Pt 2

The first film had an interesting take, on a vulnerable family trying to survive - whereas this is more about taking forwards the fight back (to a certain degree).

But for me it lost that element of suspense, and from a story perspective didn't really feel that it took things significantly forward (seemed there was a nod to Joel & Ellie (in TLoU) but it wasn't developed particularly well).

Overall felt it was more a holding point for further movies (and maybe TV spin off) - albeit I guess this is more a studio looking for the next 'Walking Dead' rather than having a compelling narrative to tell.

So a competent enough film, but just don't really expect much new.

• 2 weeks later...

Tried watching Dune now that it's out, but damn even switching to an entire different medium I can't enjoy this. Got halfway in but oh well. 

Wasn't confused on any of the stuff that was happening, as I did make a significant dent in the book. It's just like the book in the same ways that I dont like it. Might give it another chance another time, given I have it now, but not now.

I just need a bit more than visuals and worldbuilding. Like there comes a point that visuals aren't enough, I know I'm not watching it in the cinema but it's a 4K Dolby Vision copy so it aint that I think

This seemed to go under the radar a bit in the Bruce Willis news

I know lots of people are saying he was doing all the shitty films to get as much of a nest egg for his family before he fully retired, but it sorta feels like stuff like this shouldn't be allowed happen. Dunno if it's elder abuse, or disregard of other people's safety but it all seems really shit and dubious

• 4 weeks later...