passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Films II : The Filminator

Bob

I've really enjoyed his last two films so got high hopes for this.

Someone on Reddit pointed out the name of this and US are acronyms that tell you about the plot.

Spoiler is quite a big spoiler for US

Spoiler

US - Underground Society

NOPE - Not of Planet Earth

5 hours ago, DisturbedSwan said:

Screenshot (156).png

I know your very basic point but one is a franchise dating back to a critically acclaimed first film from 1954 that over the years has garnered a niche fan base hence the audience score vs critic. The other is a poorly reviewed first time film with a history of troubled production and has spider man as the main draw. 

Jackass Forever

I've been a bit depressed for a couple of weeks now. This was certainly needed. Most of the best moments revolve around literal punching bag "Danger" Ehren and newbie to the group, Poopies (you expected high brow?). Yes, I was that kid that used to laugh whenever anyone fell over or hurt themselves (myself included). So Jackass has always appealed to me on that level. I'm honestly amazed most of them are still alive at this point though. Also hilarious that this film marks 20 years since the first film. 8/10

Reading that dublin house prices are up 14 percent put me in a mood to rewatch The Big Short. Still an excellent packaging of that whole thing that does a really good job explaining the ratfuckery that went on to a general audience, as well as showing that it happened in plain sight. Followed it up with The Inside Job, a documentary that also goes into the subprime mortgage fuckery, narrated by Matt Daaamon. 

Other documentary I watched, The Act of Killing. An especially gruesome and surreal doc about the leader of a death squad from the 1960s Indonesian genocide. Won a ton of awards. There was a failed Communist coup and in retaliation over 1 million people were murdered by these death squads. In time these killers have been hailed as heroes in their country, and you see in the documentary them doing chirpy interviews on day time TV talking about all the people they killed. I don't really know how to describe it, but the whole ordeal makes me wonder what the world would have been like if Germany did not undergo a process of de-Nazification, these guys will never have to face the equivalent of the Nuremberg Trials. What's interesting is the main guy they follow is clearly tortured by the crimes he's done, he has these horrible nightmares. The whole thesis statement of the doc is I think to show what happens to people who live in a society that doesn't question these acts. There is also a companion documentary called The Look of Silence which has a greater focus on the victims. Anyway you can find both of them on youtube (also the Inside Job is on youtube)