passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Films II : The Filminator

Bob

spacer.png

I'm not sure if it would be my favourite movie every day of the week, but certainly for the majority of it. I saw it for the first  time over ten years after it initially came out, which means that for ten years I had to listen to people telling me that it was one of the greatest movies they've ever seen. Talk about building up unreasonable expectations.

To Million Dollar Baby's credit, it managed to exceed them, which in hindsight seemed like an impossible task. But it's just such a good movie with humor, drama and heart in all the right places. How the ending managed to subvert expectations by not turning it not into a run-of-the-mill Rocky clone but by having a very dramatic conclusion still impresses me to this day. IMO Eastwood's finest - which says a lot because he has done many great films in his career.

Yeah I'd agree with that. 

Tonight we watched:

Malevolent

By the numbers spookfest. Brother and Sister team fake exorcisms for money, but then they take a job that turns out to be more than it seems.... Spooky

Florence Pugh, a few others. Nice atmosphere and use of sound, mild but effective gore and violence, nice indie vibe 

6/10

Zombeavers

Funny as fuck Critters-esque nonsense. Title says it all. Nice throwback to dumb 80's schlock. Boobs and Beavers!!

8/10

But that's on a B-Movie scale

19 hours ago, Rikzilla said:

Zombeavers

Funny as fuck Critters-esque nonsense. Title says it all. Nice throwback to dumb 80's schlock. Boobs and Beavers!!

8/10

But that's on a B-Movie scale

Just watched, agree completely. Amazing. The fake Beavers are just... *chef kiss*.

Just now, mfnick said:

Just watched, agree completely. Amazing. The fake Beavers are just... *chef kiss*.

Haha, excellent! I'm still laughing about it with my girlfriend ? So many genuine lol and wtf moments!!

Glad you enjoyed it ?

The Vast of Night (Amazon Prime)

Highly stylised full length feature take on a 1950s 'Twilight Zone/Outer Limits' episode about a small town and a mysterious radio signal.

There's a few comedy moments, and excellent theming, but overall, and despite great performances from the two leads, from a story perspective it's not really anything you won't have seen before.