passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Films II : The Filminator

Bob

Watched Doctor Sleep yesterday. On an artistic level, of course it doesn’t hold a candle to The Shining, but in terms of being an enjoyable piece of entertainment, I’d say that it was pretty good. It helps that I watched it with a pretty girl. 

For the second time in a row I’ve been shocked by the age rating of a movie. I couldn’t believe Joker was 15s and I can’t believe Doctor Sleep is 12s either, pretty dark and violent movie. 

1 hour ago, DANGERMAN said:

I was thinking I might have to rewatch them. Are they on anything to stream? Sky usually have them?

idk I just downloaded them. I know itv had the rights for ages then sky did sky and handed over more money and had an exclusive bond channel but then I think itv got them back. Last time I saw skyfall was on Netflix but I don’t think they have any now  ?

I am a mad Bond freak Fan, but I didn't see anything GREAT in that trailer. They tried the female counterpart agent before, ironically in Brosnan's last Bond film Die Another Day, so that wasn't anything new either. Considering how bad they screwed up with Spectre, it is disappointing they are continuing with those plot threads. At this point, Daniel Craig has fallen into the same situation as Pierce Brosnan - Amazing first film with ever diminishing returns to follow.

Watched IT Part 2 last night. For me Part 1 was a mildly enjoyable 6/10 film, and I’d say Part 2 is worse, so probably a 5/10. Gets a bonus point for the wonderful scene with 

Spoiler

Stephen King

Which has to be one of the greatest cameos in movie history, for me anyway. I’m pretty sure nobody in the audience I was with knew who he was.

There were some other great scenes too, but after 3 hours it all blurs into one. To be fair, the movie has a kind of Lord of the Rings, Jumanji (Robin Williams original) classic adventure film feeing that I like.

The Call Girl of Cthulhu (2014)

A shlock horror cheesy homage to the Troma type horror films of the 80s with a Lovecraft inspired plot and numerous references.

A fun 90 minute throwback to the 'so terrible it's good' genre - you can experience the whole film for yourself on YouTube.

6 Underground

Holy fuck that was terrible. As some of you know, brainless action films are my favourite. I’ve struggled with Bay films since the excellent Bad Boys 2 but found them at least watchable. But this is just straight shit. I really, really struggled to get through it. The action scenes were actually boring! So much slow motion! Even the Continuity errors were very obvious and I never notice those usually. and explosions you can see before the car or whatever impacts whatever explodes. The constant cutting was even more headache inducing than normal. & the story was so nonsensical I had no idea what was going on, why stuff was happening or why people were where they were for the most part. Keep it simple, stupid. 

Honestly maybe the worst big budget action film I’ve ever seen. 

I have a method for Michael Bay movies:

”Did Michael make it? If the answer is yes, avoid it like the fucking plague”
Its worked out well for me so far. South Park absolutely nailed it when he was “consulted” in the ImaginationLand saga, where he just makes a load of explosion noises. And gets told “That isn’t story, that’s just special effects”

”I don’t understand the difference”.

”We know you don’t, Michael”