passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Films II : The Filminator

Bob

@Nagwatch how you speak to people please

I watched X-men Dark Phoenix. It's not as bad as I'd heard but it's not good either, better than Apocalypse at least. There's just no point to it, it goes exactly where you'd expect, every line sounds like you've heard it before. It does that thing too where lifelong friends turn against each other because of one mistake 

Much better is John Wick 3, which is way better than I expected it to be. The 2nd isn't terrible but it felt like the series was going to lose its way, now I'm looking forward to the next one 

They acted like there was a fight between two drunks outside. That’s the problem with JW, there’s no horror to any of and no one ever seems to care. None of them have done a good job to show any kind of sense of scale either.

Anyway I’m off to buy a tiny crossbow in case any gigantic monsters attack later. 

The sequels are all about stuff happening without ever thinking about how the stuff happening should look. Just amped up each time so it becomes noisier and visually more of a mess.

The one good thing of that big rock short is the found footage angle at the end but even that had the old fish eats fish eating fish trope. 

I just watched John Wick 3. HOLY FUCK!! What a amazing film, I loved it from beginning to end. Some of the best scenes  ever put to film. This series is up there with the best for me, not many manage 3 top quality instalments. Usually have at least 1 stinker. Enjoyed the Matrix reference too, nicely done :) 

Yeah, John Wick 3 is pretty good.  Liked it less than the other two though. 

I also watched Arrival again.  It really is a modern classic.  Nothing more to say about it. 

Also watched Booksmart which is an adorable teen comedy/drama which fucks with some tropes and remains totally real.  I enjoyed it quite a bit. 

Finally, I got round to Spider-Man: Far from Home.  I enjoyed it more than expected despite being a bit so-so about the first Marvel Spider-Man film.  I like what they're setting up with him having to deal with Iron Man's baggage as well as his influence.  Its an interesting continuation.  But as a film it seems like just a better version of the first film. 

Re John Wick 3

Spoiler

Agreed. I was hoping this would be it and go out on a big high. It’s a bit worrying, not sure how long they can keep doing it and I really don’t want them to dilute the series and bring it down. However I do think there might be enough there to make 1 more epic push against the High Table and bring it down. They need to end it on that though IMO.