passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

My Friend Pedro

spatular

This is a 2D platformer, run and gun type thing, where you can do all kinds of fancy things, such as shoot at two things at the same time, bounce bullets off things, skateboard, kick things/skateboards at people, slowdown time, and dodge bullets. when you're doing the cool things it's a lot of fun. i often forget to do the cool things and just run through a level shooting everything, which is still pretty fun. especially i find the controls for dodging bullets to be tricky so forget to do it, and slowdown time i keep forgetting to do but the controls for it aren't tricky. but the controls for shooting 2 things at once work well imo - you aim one direction and lock on by holding down the left trigger then aim elsewhere and fire with the right trigger.

there's some gimmicky levels that are a bit different, they probably arent really any good but i really enjoyed the 2 i've done so far because of how over the top they are and they don't last long.

the levels are very short but there's a lot of them, apparently it's quite a short game, think i'm about 2 hours in. you get graded for each level, i think that's where the game will come into it's own if you get into trying to get a better score/grade - so i think it's good that the levels are short for this. i'm not sure if i'll bother replaying it like this though, don't really know how the scoring works, i'll have to look into it.

paid ~£13 which seems like a fair price for it.

apparently was playing it in 4k, switched to 1080p and upped the graphics settings, couldn't really tell the difference.

so yeah i like it so far and at times it's brilliant, but maybe doesn't live up to how great the trailers for it are (possibly it does but i'm not good at it).

also a banana tells you what to do.

Yeah that’s a great way to describe it.

just finished it now, maybe sound a little down on it above but am in a bit of gaming apathy but still really really enjoyed it. Got used to the controls a bit more. About 3.5 hours total but I ran through it really quick, not replayed any missions.

thought the plot/dialogue was funny too, well there isn’t much of it but that’s what I want from this type of game anyway.

• 5 months later...

Started this last night. It sounds like I'm at the end of the first chapter. I like it, kind of glad it's short though as it's already feeling a bit one note. 

Not that that's a bad thing, just stretching that over more time ends up being detrimental, Ape Out had that problem 

• 1 month later...
On 08/12/2019 at 16:15, DANGERMAN said:

I really enjoyed this by the end. I was worried it was going to be a bit one note, but it does mix things up, not just in look, but the gameplay does become slightly more of a puzzle later on. Definitely one of the better games I've played this year

This is promising to read.

I’ve just started this tonight, I’ve done 7-10 levels and it seems fun enough but doesn’t seem to be doing anything particularly special to make me carry on. Was already getting a bit tired of the gameplay loop. Worth more time then you’d say?