passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Bloodstained Ritual of the Night

illdog

Alliance 3 hyeeep!

I found something cool today in this game.

Spoiler

I've been running sround with my detevtive vision on looking for secrets. I found a destroyable block in a ceiling, which led me up to a room with three chests (one contained the Celeste Key), one HP max and one MP max. This secret room had a breakable wall that led to another secret room. This room had a potrait of IGA in it and a negative flaming  bookcase which when accessed took me to a secret level called 8 Bit Nightmare. It was a one stage 8 bit romp with tough enemies that led me to a boss. It wasn't too bad to beat but it was such a cool thing to find, completely unexpected.

I was going to write "I think I'm done for today" but truth is I'll probably end up back on it later. I do feel like I need to play something else for a bit, or not play anything for a bit

That's not to suggest I'm not still enjoying it, but it's a lot of game quite quickly. I'm getting towards the end game, there was more than a bit of faffing to get there. I quite like some of the hoops you have to jump through, one of them would have been particularly cool if I hadn't seen the solution before hand. I will say that the game could do with repeating itself a bit, you kind of get one chance at taking in the text then that's it

I've been tooling around mopping some stuff up. Visited the librarian again, got in a locked room, did the retro section illdog mentioned, I probably could have been more direct but I don't really want to miss out on stuff.

I do have a question for @illdog I don't know if you've seen him, but there's a guy you rescue a couple of times stuck under a bridge, there's a chest stuck under a nearby bridge in the Oriental section, I can't work out how to get down there, I don't suppose you've managed it?

34 minutes ago, DANGERMAN said:

I do have a question for @illdog I don't know if you've seen him, but there's a guy you rescue a couple of times stuck under a bridge, there's a chest stuck under a nearby bridge in the Oriental section, I can't work out how to get down there, I don't suppose you've managed it?

By the time you're ready for the last boss you'll know how to get it.

I'm on 99.80% map completion now, Level 50. The final boss is very doable, it just requires patience that i don't have right now, i'll try again tomorrow.  I have been grinding cash thpough, made some sense of that Shorcut ability and now i have a couple of loadouts on the go, one for fighting and one for maximum luck. I take that luck outfit out and go hitting up candlestands and the like, got about 100k in 10 minutes.

I'm having a blast with it still.

Aww yis son, final boss is dead. It's weird whhat a little break can do for you, come back with fresh patience and did it first go.

I was convinced that the final 0.20% of the map was the last boss room. Turns out it wasn't so I looked up a 100% map and it turns out i'd missed a room in a ceiling I probably would never of found.

I also fought..

Spoiler

The librarian!  OD. He did warn me not to keep hold of a certain book but I didn't know how that would play out, having kept hold of every other book for most of the game without a problrm. Anyway, on my wasy to the final boss in the Ice Caves he appeared in a room that has always been suspect due to it's boss door and a chair looking at nothing. This time though, OD appears in that room and proceeds to give  me an ass whooping. I regrouped, came back and flipped the script (put my protein pack on back and then split it). After I beat his ass I went back to the library and he was still sat in his chair but now he has a fake nose and glasses thing on. For beating him i can now have all 21 books in the library and thats a fucking bonus.

Finished, then spent a few hours wandering around with Detective eye to try to find the 0.20% of the map I'd missed. Ended up having to loot at a completed map for the last 2 rooms

I'm missing 2 enemies

Spoiler

one of them is OD the librarian. I took some books back and he rewarded me with the ability to take out more books. As a result he didn't appear as an enemy for me, I'm not sure if I can force it if I go to see him.

The other one is, I think, just some random enemy I somehow avoided hitting. I will look in to finding it at some point, fuck getting all the rest of the stuff though. The shards would be doable but skills, items, weapons, food, nope

One thing I will say as a criticism of the game, I didn't like the penultimate area.I want to say it's a nice idea but I don't think it is, it felt kind of lazy in 3D in a way I'm not sure it could have done in 2d. I found it hard to avoid some enemies, some I couldn't see until it was too late, others it made stupidly easy. Aside from that I enjoyed it, glad we got another Igavania, hopefully we get another one in a few years

Spoiler

I got them both last night. OD kicked the shit out of me, I ended up beating him by just stocking up on meals and out surviving him 

That's map and enemies at 100% so as much as I kind of want to tool around stupidly powered up I don't think I'm going to grind out the shards, at least for now 

6 hours ago, Middle_Class_Hero said:

Really need breast milk.

Ha! Funny story.....

It’s actually BEAST milk (crafting material), and not breast milk.

I’d mis-read it (I WAS TIRED!) ?

Quite disappointed really because I’d pictured having to fight a giant boob enemy in order to obtain it. Oh well.

Xbox version got the 1.02 patch finally. Started a NG+ and i'm absolutely pissing through it , got the double jump already. All your weapons, gold, shards and equipment transfer over. Only the key pick ups don't, like Craftwork and Double Jump etc so i'm slicing through like hot knives.

1.02 marks chests on the map, that makes what @DANGERMAN was talking to me about make sense, I thought it was an option in the menu's I wasn't understanding. That would have made my original playthough alot easier.

I beat New Game + today and have now found and killed every enemy and absorbed every shard. Next up: items! That's going to be a bitch but i might just do it here and there.

I do love this game though, second play through was a lot tighter and more focused as to be expected when you know what you're doing. I've got the map at 99% again so i may as well 100% it.

Like (because of) ill I've started a new game + and managed to get stuck at the exact same point I did first time. Sorted it out and am now swimming (not walking) underwater so I can make progress again. 

I'm going for all the shards too, I'm not missing many but they're all in the later half of the game. I thought I had the 8bit overlord but I don't, so that's something I'll need to grind out at some point