passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Play/Want/Bin June

DANGERMAN

Now E3 is out of the way what have people been playing for the month

For me a lot of Fire Emblem Echoes or whatever it's called, not as much else as I wanted. I have been playing some Rage 2 though, still not sure what I think of it other than the combat being fun

I suspect bin might be E3 related for a lot of people, it definitely was an uneventful year, but it should provide some wants (Vampire Bloodlines 2 and Maneater for me I think)

Play

EDF5 and Slay the Spire - certainly getting my value for money out of these two.

Destiny 2 - despite my objection to playing it ever again, some friends finally pressured me into picking up a cheap copy of the Forsaken DLC. After not playing for 18 months, it certainly throws a lot at you, I'm still a bit bemused by it but they seem to have made a lot of changes for the better. Particularly enjoying the new Gambit mode, even though I have an unhealthy hatred for the Gambit character. Tell me off for a disconnect? How about you fix your fucking servers first. Credit where it's due though, it's easy to forget how polished this game is - the music, the graphic design, the game world - top stuff.

Want

All the Zelda - something oddly comforting about knowing there are some new Zelda games on the horizon.

Luigi's Mansion 3 - my kids have seen this and if I don't get it for them I'm pretty sure they'll riot.

Borderlands 3 - More shootin' and lootin'. I'm a sucker for anything with an epic drop. 

Outer Wilds - This just looks amazing, just don't have time for it at the moment.

The Outer Worlds - I keep getting this confused with the Outer Wilds, but looks fab. 

Void Bastards - Another for the Steam wishlist of games i'll probably pick up when they hit under a tenner. 

Lego Forza - One of my unexpected highlights of E3. Looks absolutely bonkers.

Minecraft Dungeons – Kid friendly multiplayer Diablo? Works for me.

Biomutant – This has cult classic written all over it, and it looks ace. I'm tempted to pick this up day one. 

Bin

Watchdogs Faaaaaackin Laaandan edition. 

All this next-gen cock teasing. Just give us some specs and a name already.

Boris Johnson. And when I say bin, I mean buried alive in landfill.

My one is going to have some similarities to @Whiskey_chaser...

Play

EDF 5 - Around 60 hours in on this. Considering I paid £30 for it I'm more than happy with that, and can't see an end in sight just yet. 2 more difficulties on one character, then 5 more difficulties on 3 others. 100%? I doubt I'll get there, but I'm definitely gonna have a good go.

Tetris 99 - I don't care if the initial buzz has worn off on this. It's great fun and the perfect thing to have a quick blast on when you've got 10 minutes spare. 

Pixel Puzzle Collection (Mobile) - a genuinely good Picross game from Konami. FTP actually means FREE to Play in this instance - no sneaky MTX that I've seen. Nice puzzle composition. Nice, easy touch screen controls. Currently around 260 levels in out of 500. Great stuff. Only negative is the random adds for other Konami games that keep popping up. But I'm good with that if there are no hidden costs.

Want

Jesus, where do I start...

Borderlands 3

The Outer Worlds

LEGO Forza

Link's Awakening

DOOM Eternal

Gooigi

Pokemon Sword/Shield

Cyberpunk

That's just off the top of my head.

Bin

My child. Little terror launched the remote at my 55" 4K TV. Which has no insurance. RIP in peace TV.

Life to stop bitch slapping my resolve.

My current working hours.

Play

Outer Wilds - it's a really cool space exploration game, like No Man's Sky if it was much smaller in scope but with a unique twist.

Picross S3 - it's more Picross and this time it has colour!

Keep Talking And Nobody Explodes - this got a lot of play with a couple of friends. Went down better than I expected. Next time we'll come prepared with notes and shit. We also played a bit of the new Toejam & Earl, and a little bit of Cuphead.

Cadence of Hyrule - early in, but seems very much the Crypt of the Necrodancer in the Zelda universe that it advertises itself as. Meant to be easier and shorter than Crypt, but I'm finding it hard going.

Slay The Spire - finally played this and I can confirm it's great. Much simpler than I expected.

Want

More time to juggle 3 actively played consoles. And a TV with 3 HDMI ports rather than using a rubbish adaptor would be good.

Bin

Sliced my finger in work and am walking into a disciplinary because it was entirely my fault. So, that.

I’d love to join in with these btw. Please don’t think I just cba but the past months I’ve played some Arkham Knight. Some Forza Horizon 4. But now I have my own place I hope to get into the mood to play games again instead of wallowing in my own sadness. 

Play

Shenmue (PC) - A slog to the finish line but there was enough there to make me look forward to playing the second game. 

Want

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (Switch)

Fire Emblem: Three Houses (Switch)

Astral Chain (Switch)

Code Vein (PS4)

Link’s Awakening (Switch)

Ni no Kuni Remastered (PS4)

Pokemon Sword/Shield (Switch)

Shenmue 3 (PS4)

Death Stranding (PS4)

And that’s trimming it down...

Bin

Arsenal’s bad end to the season.

Play

Resident Evil 2 Remake - Its just as brilliant as I’d hoped. Finished Claire within a couple of sessions and just started the harder Leon B play through. Love Resident Evil games! 

Want (Just keeping it to this month, ignoring the E3 reveals)

Crash Team Racing Remake - Until Sega Racing transformer was released this was my favourite ever Kart racing game. Better than any Mario Kart IMO. Put soo many hours into it, even did all the ridiculously hard time trials back then. Hope the Remake is as good as I remember it being. 

Bin 

E3 Audiences - Especially Bethesda’s. Seriously just fuck off! So annoying and made conferences difficult to watch at times. 

Life is Strange - Finally got around to playing the first and Before the Storm and finished them, not a bad games but do not get the hype at all. Before the Storm is a improvement though, hoping 2 carries on that trend.  

Play

Dead by Daylight - Been having a lot of fun with this on Game Pass. Similar to Friday the 13th the Game but far less buggy. 

The Hex - Made by Daniel Mullens of Pony Island fame. Just as mad, strange and kooky as that, loved it.

Observation - You play as an AI on an isolated Space Station. Made by the Stories Untold/Alien Isolation folks, pretty good - albeit not very scary - so far.

Overcooked - Played this with the Missus and found it a right laugh. I think she found it more annoying than anything though. 

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - Such a simple game with simple levels but it is just fucking amazing. So much charm, so many cool little puzzle moments and co operating with the Missus to finish puzzles and find Golden Mushrooms has been a delight. An absolute joy.

Life is Strange 2 - The 3rd Episode was perhaps the weakest so far but it’s still so damn compelling.

Want

Ghost of Tsushima, Death Stranding, TLOUP2, Shenmue 3 - Future GOATs ? 

DOOM Eternal, Cyberpunk 2077, Luigi’s Mansion 3, Ultimate Alliance 3, Astral Chain, Link’s Awakening, Animal Crossing: New Horizons - GOTY contenders. 

Bin

Hayfever - Drives me up the fucking wall

PLAY

Bits of Super Hexagon, Binding of Isaac, PAYDAY 2 and Plague inc. Not much to say about those. They are games I've played.

Division 2 - The definition of an OK game. I really should do a proper post about this, but I get the feeling people would only piss and moan about it.

EDF5 - We're into the hardest missions now. We'd have been here a while ago if it wasn't for @regemond being shite.

Pinball FX3 - New tables came out at the start of the month and I've been working away at them, as well as some previous tables. I feel my skills have taken a jump in quality. I may not be the best pinball player, but I can feel myself improving, there's been a few times where I've just fallen right into the zone and been unstoppable.

WANT

Not sure really. There's bits that are interesting that are coming out but I'm not especially hyped for any of it. As Manicm would say, E3 has been a damp squid. :lol: 

BIN

Honestly life is a complete clusterfuck right now and I wouldn't even know where to start in regards of binning shit. As the recent meme says "Bro, I'm straight up not having a good time".

I missed the last one but I wasn't playing much anyway..

PLAY

The Division 2 - Still playing and enjoying it but I've using it as reason to join a party and chat and playing pretty mindlessly. I need to seriously start looking at builds and thinking about the raid.

Fort Sumter - Nice and Simple but really deep board game that got a port recently. Games last about 10 minutes so it's perfect to play on the go. 

Heroes of Flatlandia - A Heroes of Might and Magic clone of mobile but it's a pretty good one. Only a couple of quid too, so can't complain.

Feud - A free to play chess-like puzzler. Not played too much but it seems fun.

WANT

A Switch - Seems a bit stupid not to get one now, especially after the E3 direct. Panzer Dragoon, Animal Crossing, The Zelda's  etc. Maybe soon.

Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines 2 - I'm really liking the art style and atomsphere of this. It's giving me Secret World vibes. Hopefully it turns out good. 

Age of Wonders: Planet Fall - The closer the release date, the more excited I'm getting about this. I'm actually quite interested to see how this plays on consoles too.

BIN

Nothing for me.