passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Trials of Mana

radiofloyd

Remake of Seiken Densetsu 3, due out in 2020 for the PS4, Switch and PC. Looks lovely. “Seiken Densetsu” means Legend of the Holy/Sacred Sword. 

The original Seiken Densetsu 3 is also now available on the Switch eshop as part of the Collection of Mana.

https://gematsu.com/2019/06/seiken-densetsu-3-remake-trials-of-mana-announced-for-ps4-switch-and-pc

I wonder if this will be a direct remake like Secret of Mana was or just take the original source material and make a new game. I wanted Secret of Mana to make me feel how I remembered it, instead it just reminded me of what it was actually like. Very sad times indeed. 

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I'm all over that. Hope it looks as good as that on the switch.

Personally, I've never played a trials game, but then again, last year I'd never really played a dragon quest game, and now XI is in my top ten of all time.

• 2 weeks later...

Demo tomorrow.

Final trailer (seems to be only in Japanese at the moment).

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/03/trials-of-mana-demo-launches-march-18-final-trailer-and-pre-launch-gameplay

Edit: Demo will be on the Japanese eshop but with English language support. Not sure about other systems.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/03/trials_of_mana_demo_releases_on_japanese_eshop_tomorrow_will_include_english_language_support

• 1 month later...

So my shopto order didn't turn up, so I've re-downloaded the demo in the hope that I can make it last until my copy arrives and carry over the save.

I've gone for the thief character this time, Hawkeye - purple of hair and stealthily clad in what can only be described as fluorescent silkware. I've got a couple of busty mages as companions although I haven't run into them yet. Talking of busty, the antagonist in Hawkeye's personal little story has a rack that makes Pyra from XC 2 look pre pubescent. 

Combat is pretty good if you ask me and I've already got more combos under my fingers than after 40 hours of Tales of Vesperia (which is any number above 1). It's bright, colourful, looks fab on the switch screen, but rather less so on the telly, and plays well.

And that's all I have for now, because I don't want to run out of demo. Colourful, fast, excessively busty. That's my take.

Edit. My copy arrived?

No they never do @bellow. As long as I’ve been here there’s always separate threads for news (news section) and impressions (games section).

This isn’t GTM, this is a whole different forum run by mods that actually give a fuck rather than the jokers that ‘ran’ GTM. 

You’ve been here awhile, it’s not difficult to grasp. Search for a Games thread for the game you’re playing, if there isn’t one, create one. Don’t post in the news thread.