passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Deathloop

DisturbedSwan

56 minutes ago, one-armed dwarf said:

Well this guy says a 10 but I def want to hear what resident roguelike hater mfnick thinks first 👀

He won't say anything as he'll never buy it, then next year when it comes to Game Pass he'll go 'actually this game is damn good' and we'll all be like 'we know'.

49 minutes ago, Maf said:

Mmmmm I've spent a lot on games already this month but looking at the release schedule there's not much else out until October so maybe I can squeeze in 1 more 

DO IT

#InArkaneWeTrust

18 minutes ago, DisturbedSwan said:

He won't say anything as he'll never buy it, then next year when it comes to Game Pass he'll go 'actually this game is damn good' and we'll all be like 'we know'.

Possibly, but why risk buying it at full price when multiple elements put you off?

I think this game needs a demo. Between people not knowing what it is exactly and other people like myself just really not feeling it despite the praise (which I don't doubt is genuine) this seems like the kind of game that would only benefit from it.

I have an aversion to the way critics praise things like this cause they all seem to have a really high tolerance of repetitive 'loop' elements in games, and love that phrase 'gameloop'.

It's not even that I think the game will be bad or anything, just wondering how big a component that is in it. If it's a lot of lost progression and repetition I'll not play it then. But I really don't know tbh, too many roguelike fans in games media if you ask me

13 minutes ago, Maryokutai said:

Possibly, but why risk buying it at full price when multiple elements put you off?

I think this game needs a demo. Between people not knowing what it is exactly and other people like myself just really not feeling it despite the praise (which I don't doubt is genuine) this seems like the kind of game that would only benefit from it.

I agree, I just think more folks should take more chances on games outside their comfort zone. I get why they don't and obviously it's their choice, money etc. to do what they want but in general I think people getting a nudge outside their comfort zone is a good thing. That's why GP is so great as it lets folks do that without much of a monetary entrance fee. 

1 minute ago, DisturbedSwan said:

I agree, I just think more folks should take more chances on games outside their comfort zone.

I would never tell anyone how to spend their money and time but I do agree with this. The best games are the games that surprise, surprise is more likely to be found when playing something outside of the comfort zone. 

Sometimes you get stung too but it can also lead to the best game experiences and you just don't know until you try. 

I'd love to pick it up but I've spent to much the past few months, watching Eurogamer play through it and it looks a lot more linear than I expected (more like you've got set missions to do in a day, do that, escape the level, start the next day). Plus I should actually finish some of the games I've bought recently... it's so tempting though

2 hours ago, DisturbedSwan said:

1st part true. 2nd part, we’ll see. Tried Hades when it came to Game Pass, gave it a good chance and don’t think it’s above a 7/10 for me. Pretty far from the 10’s it got.

• 1 year later...