passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Xbox E3 2019

DisturbedSwan

Not that rich, other half keeps spending my money....

I have an original PS4 and the first xb1 s version, got it bargain price, I wanted to update one of them but if new consoles are bc I don’t see the point at the moment.

Depends on a couple of things I’d say. 

1. Have you got a really good HDR 4k tv? Not all are created equal, I had a cheap Philips one and it wasn’t until I got my new LG one that the benefits of good HDR and 4k really showed.

2. What type of person are you when it comes to wanting things? I mean this as in I’m the type of person that if I really want something I can try and talk myself out of it as much as I want but almost every day I’ll be looking at buying it. If this carries on for a month I’ll end up taking the plunge and is say it’s almost worth getting just to stop my stupid brain thinking about it. This is as long as you have the available money of course. 

3. In a way now is a good time to buy. There’s offers on the X’s during E3, you can sell the S for some of the cost and with the next console being BC at least you could sell the X to help pay towards Scarlett. And remember there’s still a year and half before the new console is out. 

If I want something, I’m terrible until I get it, must admit I’m impressed with the restraint on getting ether console, I’ve got a 4K tv probably not a good one so that’s next, just have to stop buying retro player issue football shirts....

It shows the difference taking the time to answer a question makes. In a press conference where its buzz words and promises everything is full on, it's the best thing and if it isn't it gets the worst reaction. He talks about streaming in a reasonable way, it's a thing they're doing, they aren't expecting it to be the main way we play games for years and years if at all 

The only thing he seemed a little vague on was the backwards compatibility of the next machine, and even that (unless I miss heard) seemed to be more that he got distracted 

Just watched the interview which included CarlLedbetter on GB. He went quite in depth about the new elite controller. It was surprisingly interesting, got be a bit psyched for it actually. As long as it definitely works on the new Xbox I may actually get one.

Yea he said it would too but I’m a still a bit worried that it may not when the time actually comes. And it’s a fuck load of money for a controller. 

Did say its Bluetooth though so no reason it shouldnt really. 

I’m not a huge fan of Phil myself, I find him a bit smarmy. He should be credited with turning Xbox around with great services like Game Pass, Cross play, BC etc. But the AAA games and new IP are still severely lacking, Crackdown 3 was completely mismanaged until it’s release earlier this year and that was wholly under his watch. 

Also I think you’ve got to be an eSports Pro, rich or insane (or a combination of all 3) to buy one of those Elite controllers myself, absolutely barmy. 

Still £314 that could go towards your Xbox Scarlet next year @Manicm ?

When is the new elite controller out and how much? 

The elite controllers are also great for people who need a bit of extra help with accessibility. It was getting to a point where the PS4 controller was hurting my hands and arms after long play sessions because of the very low, very close together sticks. The elite controllers for both consoles can alleviate a lot of that discomfort with things like higher sticks, convex and concave options, plus things like trigger stops and the paddles on the back. So not just for pros and rich bois. 

I've always wanted to know what those controllers would be like for dmc.

Or any game which has you juggling a billion inputs at once.

I play games with a claw grip which has me bending my index finger across the face buttons so both that and my thumb can press buttons at once (so "attack" and then "jump" to cancel). I do it for Souls/BloodBorne too to move the camera around while rolling and attacking

My hands are pretty fucked up now ?