passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Xbox E3 2019

DisturbedSwan

thought that was a decent conference. It was essentially 'here's everything coming to Xbox', probably could have done with some more exclusives. The Double Fine news was big, it does sort of sum up my feelings with the show though, I don't like Double Fine's games, big news, but not for me, true of a lot of those games

The new console sounds like it's very similar to the PS5 specs we know of, Ray Tracing and SSD being the big takeaways.

It's early and it was built for the current consoles, but the new Halo doesn't look that graphically impressive for the new console, not that we really saw anything meaningful

I missed the streaming bit, went to get a drink

Great start, dropped off for me near the end.

I took notes for podcast reasons, anyone who didn't watch, this happened:

Spoiler

Outer Worlds trailer, looks great.

Ninja Theory showing Bleeding Edge.

Ori trailer.

Minecraft Dungeons - Diablo type.

Fallen Order, different trailer.

Blair Witch game, out in August.

Cyberpunk 2077, contains Keanu Reeves, out April 2020.

Spiritfarer trailer.

Battle Toads trailer.

Indie stuff, including TABS.

Game Pass stuff.

Flight Simulator.

Age of Empires II.

Wasteland 3 - by InXile.

MS bought Double Fine, new trailer for Psychonauts 2.

LEGO Star Wars - all 9 films.

Dragon Ball Z something or other.

12 Minutes - time loop game.

Way to the Woods trailer.

Gears 5 out September.

New Elite pad.

Dying Light 2 trailer.

Forza Horizon 4 LEGO expansion out this week.

Gears Pop trailer.

State of Decay 2 expansion.

Phantasy Star Online 2 out Spring 2020.

Crossfire X - Korean FPS.

Tales of Arise out 2020.

Borderlands 3 trailer,  free DLC for BL2.

Elden Ring trailer, no date.

Console streaming, October.

Next console - Project Scarlet - 2020.

Halo Infinite, launch game.

Highlight has to be Keanu in the game and in person.

A bit underwhelming but then again without Sony being there and everyone getting ready for next-gen it was to be expected. 

MS buying Double Fine kind of rubs me the wrong way. I love that studio and I really, really hope they just et them do as they please. They have such a varied and weird lineup of games in their history, I'd rather not see that getting diluted.

I'm still looking forward to Gears 5 but it's a bit weird they're being completely silent about the campaign. On the other hand, no spoilers, which is a good thing I guess.

I liked 12 minute, Spirit...something and the new Halo. Waiting another 18 months for the latter is straight up evil though, but I can see why they want it on the new platform instead of 'wasting' it as an Xbox One game.

The biggest surprises for me were probably PSO2 coming to the west (FINALLY, Jesus) and the next Tales of actually having a somewhat decent development budget at its disposal because it looked really nice.

2 minutes ago, Nag said:

Shut begins get real now, we have a (roundabouts) date for a new console which means concrete info will start dropping soonish...?

Better spoiler some of those vids @Blakey, Ben will do his nut.

yes, it's not like everyone has been complaining about threads running slow

I'm assuming he's putting them all in their own threads, Blakey's a bit of a beast when E3 comes around

1 minute ago, Nag said:

There aren't too many videos in the website feedback thread dude... and that's running like shit.?... anyway, let's not derail the thread.?

videos (and images) still have to be loaded, it's half the reason we had to bring the rule in in the first place, I'm not sure why it's such a problem for you, nor am I sure why it's such a problem for you that we occasionally have to have rules or do some modding

Also I know it’s been brewing for a while so not really surprised, but am a bit depressed that there is a new console coming out next year. I really don’t feel ready for one and could live with the X and Pro for another 2-3 years, I think

Yeah there was a distinct lack of gameplay @Maf

I thought it it was really odd we didn’t see gameplay of Gears 5 or Halo in particular. It’s one of the reasons why I was so disappointed with the conference, there just wasn’t a lot there for me personally and what was there was almost all CGI.

I think Blair Witch was the most interesting thing there for me although 12 Minutes looked fantastic too.