passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Game Pass & Gold (Xbox & PC)

Hendo

yeah, i've had problems with the game pass pc app, it seems a bit pants, it's in beta so i guess thats some kind of excuse? sometimes for me it just decides there's a problem with a game and won't let me play it. and it wouldn't install something just now, managed to resume the download from the windows store app, but the game pass app was no help at all.

• 3 weeks later...

Really solid month for Gold:

Of course the youtube drones are downvoting like crazy because it doesn't have CoD or FIFA or something else we have played five thousand times before. They get four good games for free and instead of broadening their horizons they're complaining. 

• 2 weeks later...

I downloaded that ages ago but haven’t got around to it yet. 

As much as I think GP is a excellent service I’m not sure if I will re-up when I have to pay real money for it in September. I just don’t play enough games to justify it. So many games downloaded but not started. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Nag said:

For people who have their fingers on the pulse with regards to deals and stuff (probably @retroed) can you buy a year's sub to Game Pass Ultimate or can you only get 1 and 3 month codes? I presume you can just add on to an existing sub? And lastly, if you let the sub lapse could you do that upgrade for a quid thing if they continue to run it?

I'm not sure about buying Game Pass Ultimate sub, mine is running until the end of October but that was an upgrade from Gold and made use of the quid upgrade. I'm not sure how it works now.

I know you can stack the subs and add on to existing ones, though. At least three years.

From what I’ve heard you need your current sub to expire. Then stock up on Gold membership and it should let you upgrade to ultimate for £1 again. 

I made the mistake of not extending my Gold when this happened either so read up on it and that appears to be the case. 

Careful about buying any gold while your ultimate is still active. I didn’t know at the time but I found a cheap Gold sub thinking it may extend my GP sub too and it automatically  converted my 12 month gold to someone like 3-6month ultimate. Bit annoying. 

Hoping I can still use the £1 trick when it does eventually run out. 

Night Call, Observation and The Messenger are all hitting Gamepass tomorrow.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-06-24-sci-fi-thriller-observation-and-the-messenger-lead-latest-xbox-game-pass-additions

I’ve only played The Messenger which starts as a awesome, smart, side scroller that changes in to a very difficult, frustrating...something else. Worth a play if you have the subscription, though.