passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Game Pass & Gold (Xbox & PC)

Hendo

Been a while since we had some great, new, hitters even on the indie side. PS extra has been better recently. Hoping they have a few around the showcase or that early goodwill will soon be gone. 

A quick info because people usually glance over the Gold games. The Vale is, at least to my knowledge, the first game specifically designed for blind people. I tried the demo a few years ago and the screen, at least beyond the main menu (which has text-to-speech functionality), is permanently pitch black and you move around in the game world by orienting yourself through certain audio elements like listening to running water to get to a river or running away from the sound of wolves howling.

I have no idea how to fairly judge the game because I can't put myself in the situation of a blind person who has never played a videogame and would try this out, but I found the concept really intriguing. I'd definitely recommend giving it a shot for 15-30 minutes just to ... hear the concept in action. It's likely something that'll never happen again simply because it barely has a target audience.

I played the demo with normal stereo headphones and had no issues with it, so 5.1 should definitely do the trick as well.

I would recommend closing your eyes while playing though. The screen might be dark anyway, but it helps you focus more on the sound that way.

Slayers X: Terminal Aftermath: Vengance of the Slayer is tied in with the Hypnospace Outlaw universe.

It's gone full-on pastiche of the era, like Hypnospace did. I don't have huge nostalgia for shooters like this, but I'll give it a go.

1 hour ago, mmmark said:

Slayers X: Terminal Aftermath: Vengance of the Slayer, Hypnospace Outlaw, Amnesia = not a poor month. 

Glad there's some stuff in there that takes your fancy, there isn't much for me unfortunately so it's a poor month for me.

• 2 weeks later...

tw_comingsoon_6.20.2023-fc847daa535ceeed2195_23a62c95-84f9-4e82-982d-e74847e60b70.jpg

Leaving June 30

DJMax Respect V (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Empire of Sin (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Matchpoint – Tennis Championships (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Olija (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Omori (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Road 96 (Cloud, Console, and PC)

I remember being vaguely interested in FIST when it released on PlayStation so might give that a go.

That’ll teach me for buying games before I’ve time to play them. Got FIST on PS5 but never got around to playing it.

NFS Unbound was good from what I played of the EA Trial (after I altered the controls) so I’ll definitely check the full game out. 

Bramble and book walker never heard of, can’t even tell what that bottom middle one is called. So I’ll look for reviews of them. 

• 2 weeks later...