passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Game Pass & Gold (Xbox & PC)

Hendo

My Ultimate expired a couple days ago. I've just got 27 months for £90.69, which works out to £3.36 a month. Beats paying the standard £10.99/month.

I did this by purchasing two 12 month Xbox Live Gold codes from ShopTo at £39.85 each. Redeem one of them on Xbox.com, enable recurring billing to get an extra month free. Then cancel recurring billing, add the second code, enable recurring and then turn it off. This gives you a total of 26 months Xbox Live Gold.

Now go to upgrade to Game Pass Ultimate. If you haven't had Ultimate before you'll get an offer to upgrade for £1, but as I've done this in the past I had to pay £10.99 to upgrade to Game Pass Ultimate and convert all remaining Gold to Ultimate. It also gives you another month (turn off recurring billing again once you're done), bringing the total to 27. So I'm all Ultimated until the end of January 2023 now.

Question....I have a voucher for 3 months console only game pass. Is it possible to upgrade that to ultimate on a monthly basis, like pay the extra 3 quid thru the Xbox dashboard? I wouldn't mind playing that star wars game next week ?

If not I'll just pay ultimate next month and keep my voucher.

not sure about upgrading from gamepass... do you know about the gold to gamepass ultimate conversion thing? (you can buy up to 3 years of gold and convert it to gamepass ultimate for £1, or £12? if you've already done the £1 one before) it might work similar to that.

Yeah, I read the @retroed gamepass hack at the top of this page. I had to have a little nap afterwards ?

I don't think I need an ongoing sub, though. For all the arguing I've done in defence of xbox recently, I'm still really a Ninty gamer, and it looks to me that there'll be months on end next year when I don't even touch the Xbox. Bravely 2, Ys 9 and likely BotW2. There's six months right there.

I have ultimate until 24 November. With lockdown it's more than feasible that I could beat star wars before then, unless it's super hard, like spyro.

• 2 weeks later...