passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Game Pass & Gold (Xbox & PC)

Hendo

4 minutes ago, spatular said:

Djmax respect is awesome!

Really? Never heard of it. I’ll give that a go then.

Nothing else for me, already own the Yakuza games & they’re the only thing there I’m interested in. 

i really like it yeah! guess there are some caveats though, i really like rhythm action games, its basically a copy of beatmania that plays with a pad, and the music is hit and miss, the 4 button mode is pretty easy to get into so it's worth a try, 6 button mode is great but took a lot of getting into. was going to post a video to give people an idea what it's like but will have a look to check the song isn't a dlc one first..

Game pass is a pain in the arse at times. I was half way thru zero when they took it off, very near the end of San Andreas when that went, and enjoying a FPS playthru of GTA 5 before that got fecked off.

I just get my games off the deals page now, or any cheap digital deals on the internet. Can't be arsed with discs. Game pass is only good for getting a cheap first playthru of new Microsoft exclusives if you ask me.

It's no different to Netflix removing stuff when you're half way through a season of something... it's a streaming service and to be expected, surely?

17 minutes ago, Nag said:

It's no different to Netflix removing stuff when you're half way through a season of something... it's a streaming service and to be expected, surely?

You'd have to come to something very late in the day for that to happen on Netflix. Plus, who plays videogames in the same timeframe as watching 10 episodes of something on Netflix. 

I think the cost is just less pronounced with netflix too cause when stuff gets taken off it it's usually cause it goes on a different streaming platform. Like I paid for 2 months or whatever to watch some The Next Generation, mainly the really terrible seasons. I had to give myself a break and I fully expect now that Paramount + is a thing I'll be picking that up again over there when they take it all from netfix

If a game gets taken off gamepass tho and you were mainly playing it on it, the gamepass sub is almost like a waste of money then, even if the game goes on sale. Should have just bought it. It's why 'netflix for games' doesnt appeal to me unless it's for first party stuff which tends to hang around a bit

53 minutes ago, bellow said:

You'd have to come to something very late in the day for that to happen on Netflix. Plus, who plays videogames in the same timeframe as watching 10 episodes of something on Netflix. 

Still stands though... unless it's a first party Microsoft title you know it's a timed entry to the service and said service generally gives a fairly generous warning when a game is set to leave.🙂

I think that’s just unlucky. Most GP games are on the service for a fucking long time. My posts in the Ascent thread are literally a year apart from when I dropped off and came back to it. 

When it does happen though you have to take some ownership. Cris Tales is leaving GP in a few days. I wanted to play it, it’s been installed on my Xbox for a year, I never got to it. That’s not Gamepass fault. There was a year of opportunity. That’s me just not finding the time. 

You can waste your money on GP but GP is still great value. You just have to use it

4 hours ago, Jimbo Xiii said:

They where removed at the start of this year IIRC. Seemed daft removing them really if they are going to come back again 6 months later

netflix and amazon do this all the time, guess its just how this sort of business works 🤷‍♂️

• 2 weeks later...

tw_comingsoon_7.webp

Leaving July 31

Dodgeball Academia (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Katamari Damacy Reroll (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Lumines Remastered (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Omno (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Raji: An Ancient Epic (Cloud, Console, and PC)

As Dusk Falls is first party and reviewing pretty well so that’s cool.

Nice that Watch Dogs 2 is on there, too. I’ve almost bought that several times in Xbox sales.

But worse is that Omno and Raji are leaving. Omno I already started and Raji has been installed forever. Might have to prioritise those and get them played by the end of the month