passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Game Pass & Gold (Xbox & PC)

Hendo

1 hour ago, mfnick said:

Rumour is Trek to Yomi is coming day 1 too. Excellent if true. 

That's been a day one for a while now I think... it's just recently gotten a release date though.

• 2 weeks later...

My Game Pass Ultimate sub runs out at the beginning of May and I'm looking to lock in for the next three years so I just want to check with the people who I think have done this (namely @retroed and @mfnick ) that these are the correct steps...

1. Let my sub end.

2. Buy three Xbox Live Gold subs... I'm planning on buying codes or prepaid cards for this, is that OK?

3. Enter those codes, gaining three years of Xbox Live Gold.

4. Buy 1 month of Game Pass Ultimate... is a prepaid card OK for this or do I need to do that through the Xbox store?

5. Redeem said code which should upgrade all of the Xbox Live Gold term to Game Pass Ultimate.

Is this right? It'll be an expensive mistake to make some sort of fuck up. Thanks for any help.👍

@Nag  This is the best method currently, according to the thread on Rllmuk which hasn't let me down yet.

BEFORE YOU START.

If you have already used the £1 offer you can still do the below, however you will be charged £10.99 instead of £1 but this will still upgrade all your XBLG so it's still a great deal.

If you are already subscribed to Game Pass, let it lapse before following these steps. They will work for new or lapsed accounts, but not for active ones.

1. Buy 3x 12-month Live Gold codes (£40 each) from CDKeys or equivalent. It might take an hour or so for the codes to come through, but they will eventually.

2. If you don't have one, create an Xbox account on the Microsoft site.

3. Redeem your Live Gold codes on the MS Site - click on your user icon at the top right of the page, click the "..." at the bottom of the drop down menu and select "Redeem code." IMPORTANT: each time you do this, UNSELECT the auto-renew option, otherwise you'll get some free months added which will make it impossible to redeem your third code (you can't stack more than three years' worth).

4. From here the instructions are from memory because I can't replicate the steps as I've already signed up. On your user icon drop down menu choose "My Microsoft account" and on the page that opens you should see a section called "Subscriptions." Click on your Live Gold subscription.

5. You should now be given the option to upgrade your Live Gold to Game Pass Ultimate. When you select this it will take you to a standard page as if you were buying it from scratch, where you pay £1 for the first month* and £10.99 every month thereafter. Don't be put off by this (as I was) - the £10.99 won't kick in until your three years are up. Go ahead and sign up for the £1 offer. (*if you have already used the £1 offer previously then it will cost you £10.99 for this conversion, but still only as a one-off payment with your next payment not due for another three years.)

6. Your Live Gold subscription should now have been converted to Game Pass Ultimate for the next three years, at a cost to you of £121 (£131 if this isn’t your first time), a saving of approx 70% compared to the £10.99 a month RRP.

7. Go back into your Game Pass subscriptions page and turn off auto-renew again. There's bound to be another offer in three years' time!

Xbox Wire: More Ubisoft Titles coming to Game Pass

I’m excited to share that we’re working with Ubisoft to bring even more incredible games to the Game Pass library! In the next two months, Assassin’s Creed Origins will join the library for cloud, console, and PC via Ubisoft Connect app. We will also bring For Honor: Marching Fire Edition to PC via Ubisoft Connect app, and upgrade to the Marching Fire Edition for cloud and console.

May additions...

xbgp_comingsoon_may_3_2022-8e97dfb65b93a01dfd42_1eb5487f-08d9-43e2-abcd-32cb624b9c0b.webp

Leaving May 10

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas – The Definitive Edition (Cloud and Console)

Leaving May 15

Enter The Gungeon (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster (Console and PC)
Remnant: From the Ashes (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Steep (Cloud and Console)
The Catch: Carp and Coarse (Cloud, Console, and PC)
The Wild at Heart (Cloud, Console, and PC)