passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Game Pass & Gold (Xbox & PC)

Hendo

Just the other day I saw someone use a 360 pad at an SFV tournament. There's also a heavily disabled player using that pad with his tongue (!) to play Street Fighter and he's actually rather high ranked.

It's just a matter of preference. The biggest downside of the 360 pad is the d-pad (which I used for 3D fighters) because of its flimsy quality. Some pads had a decent one, but then you could buy a new controller and it'd just refuse to register diagonal inputs.

play with what you want, but take the same standard of player, give one of them their choice of a Saturn pad or an arcade stick, and the other a 360 controller, and the guy with the 360 controller loses more often than not

Someone must have done a test like that of various controllers?

It's impossible to test because you'd need everyone to be equally good with every input device. You can't put someone using a 360 pad against someone using an arcade stick and take the result as proof of whatever device is better, because at the highest level it's a player vs. player match. They're both at 99.9% on their execution. Wolfkrone played the most technical character in SFIV, which already had some rather finnicky inputs by default, on a 360 pad and was keeping up or beating the best of them, no matter their controller choice. Luffy, an EVO champion, uses a PS1 pad to this day.

I think the only controller that has a sizeable advantage for certain character archetypes is a hitbox, because you can go from one direction to the opposite a lot quicker than with an arcade stick, a d-pad or an analogue stick. But that's really just a factor at the absolute highest level and it's not even universal (IIRC playing a grappler with 360/720 motions is rather difficult on it).

• 2 weeks later...

Just while I’m in this thread too, I set up my external HDD last night. Holy shit, I didn’t realise how fast it can transfer between the 2. 100+GB Forza Horizon 4 was done in less than 10 minutes. I’d normally have to leave it downloading for a couple of days for something like that.

Wish I’d bought one sooner & got a larger size now. Don’t feel the need for that official expansion now either, sure would be nice to play them without the transfer but for sake of 5-10 minutes it’s not a issue. They update automatically still on there too don’t they? Even better if so. 

Just wish it separated the space size on the “my games” screen so I could see if I have enough for a new game install there. Small issue though. 

The fact that new version of Skyrim won’t be on Gamepass is my first red flag for Gamepass. What the fuck.

https://gamerant.com/skyrim-anniversary-edition-not-on-xbox-game-pass/

S’funny how they know Xbox brands are still kind of in the struggle so Forza 5 you can have, Halo you can have, but Skyrim is such a money maker 30 years on after release and this is the 3rd or 4th version of the game but you still have to buy it