passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Game Pass & Gold (Xbox & PC)

Hendo

On 11/03/2021 at 19:55, one-armed dwarf said:

Gamepass games are untouchable on PC. Also the directories randomly don't acknowledge being deleted. God I hate Gamepass on PC.

You can mod skyrim, you have to enable it from the xbox app and it creates a mod folder.

1 hour ago, Jimbo Xiii said:

You can mod skyrim, you have to enable it from the xbox app and it creates a mod folder.

The caveat being that it doesn't seem to work with any of the third party mod managers, so it seems like it'll be a bit of a ball ache to sort out.

Someday I will venture into the thorny abyss of Skyrim modding and try to figure out how to make VR Skyrim actually good.

Vanilla VR Skyrim is such a letdown, they put so little work into it that it just feels like strapping a TV to your face. VR doesn't work without at least a little investment into putting in mechanics that are tailored for that experience. But there's mods to put in HL Alyx item grabbing, voice recognition for the 'shouts' and picking dialogue options, gestures for casting spells. But it's all so daunting trying to discern where to start from all the nexus mod shit.

I didn't know that about enabling mods on GP, I'd still give it a wide berth tho just cause the platform is so finnicky and unstable.

Octopath Traveler? Huh? They didn't even announce that it was coming to Xbox or did I miss that at some point?

I think I might buy a month in April, I've always wanted to try out Squadrons and was planning on buying Outriders anyway and I think it's doable to finish both of these in a month.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't see the issue here. Vikings is a really solid action RPG in a (for that genre) underused setting. I really enjoyed it and I wouldn't rate it any lower than other beloved Diablo clones like Torchlight or Titan Quest.

And Hard Corps Uprising is basically Anime Contra, a good sidescroller that's tough as nails.

Dark Void can probably be avoided, that's one out of the Capcom Dark Age. No idea about that Truck thing. But 2 out of 4 for "free" games isn't bad.

Absolute pisstake for loyal PS customers, £60/£70 to play it on PS5, incl. with Game Pass on XSX. An absolute joke for a PS developed/published title. 

Loyal customers should be treated the best, not shafted and kicked in the nuts. Hope it bombs on PS, it deserves it.

Might cancel Returnal too, fuck em.

That for one thing, and the other thing is that's it's part of a subscription on Xbox, so you're paying a fee to rent it for a limited time. That's not the same thing as buying a game for full price.

The only weird thing here is that Sony allows it to even be part of Gamepass because it looks a bit weird but maybe they don't have a say in the matter and it's all MLB.