passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Game Pass & Gold (Xbox & PC)

Hendo

• 2 weeks later...

No, I played that game for 100’s of hours and loved the good parts. So many of the levels were great. Generations is good but so much of the level design is inconsistent and feels essentially wrote off by the developers. The light speed dash still doesn’t work properly, constant, inexplicable big black pits of death for no reason, reachable geometry you can’t stand on and fall through, and doing small hops is just too tough. Also it does stuff like Crisis City and that Sonic Heroes level. No one wants to play that. 

Unleashed got all of it’s day time stage stuff right except for the ice level which is more too short and not exciting as opposed to bad. But it did have real original levels, really cool ideas and a great soundtrack. Also it was the first time they gave Sonic a Burnout 3 like boost bar in a 3D game and it was amazing. I had been asking for that before even Sonic Rush, I knew it would be a good idea. I really like the soundtrack as well. Is it is good as the classics? No, not at all, but it’s still pretty decent.

I mean, there’s also the bit where you have to play as a werewolf. Which I honestly think is more dumb and bland than straight out bad. But it still really, really drags the game down.

The only real edge I give Generations over Unleashed is when you do corners Sonic does the spin dash instead of putting his hand on the ground like he was on a skateboard. It looks cool as hell and it’s good they managed to find some way to ‘legitimise’ the spin dash in a 3D game. 

• 1 month later...