passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Hot Topic Returns

Nag

Does that weird ending of Fahrenheit make it sci-fi? Then again I guess Detroit must be, and that was pretty great.

Otherwise early MD RPGs such as Buck Rogers and Phantasy Star were pretty great (but the latter isn't a series that I kept current with).

Look what Star Wars has done to sci-fi.  Fantasy and sci-fi are similar in they create these near impossible contexts to explore and tell stories but there are a lot of blatant fantasy getting name checked.  Call me old fashioned but having magic powered machines and setting it in space doesn't make sci-fi.

But lots of aesthetically sci-fi games do dabble in some mysticism.  Metroid for example.  With a lot of games I like the world's but not playing the games themselves.  Deus Ex, Metal Gear I'd say fits in my definition (But it has a touch of supernatural stuff in there too come to think of it).

I like FTL and Into the Breach a lot as something to mention outside of the obvious ones.  I've just seen it's actually FTL's tenth anniversary this year... I think it would be neat to celebrate that by making a Switch version 😊

Yep, also completely forgot about Metroid. A great sci-fi series (for the most part).

Two more obscure ones for me:

Ring of Red (PS2)

fjYXwH.gif

I'd say mech-based games come under Sci-Fi

Space Station Silicon Valley (N64)

7d5b5201990f340782054a8e61d8ce6b3d415522

Nothing about this game that wasn't Sci-Fi.

ezgif-5-af7cd3dc1a-7ecf.jpg

Readers discuss what they hope will be at Microsoft’s not-E3 show, as well as other potential events from Nintendo and Sony.

The Xbox & Bethesda Showcase is due to take place late on Sunday and, at the moment, is the only confirmed E3 style preview event, beyond a Capcom-only livestream on Monday. So we wanted to know what you were hoping to see revealed and what you expect will actually happen.

Most of the letters were written before Thursday evening’s Summer Game Fest, whose reveal of The Last Of Us Part 1 seemed to make a new State of Play seem less likely, but even as the only game in town, few were confident in predicting what Microsoft might or might not show.

Slightly outdated question by now but hey ho.

For some reason there's no official question again this week so....

ff7-remake-pc-08-1639398649333.jpg

Nag says... simple question, if you could strip one gaming series away from its developers and hand it to another what would that series be and to who would you hand it?

Two come to mind.

1)Bloody Roar taken away from Konami and given to Project Soul/Namco. Because Konami.

2)Banjo Kazooie taken from Microsoft and given to Nintendo. Because the Rare that made it are long dead.

Oh, I would take Sonic from Sonic Team in a heartbeat. Either give the series to the Mania Team, Nintendo or sometimes I think the Burnout developer would be good because they make super high speed action racing games. Just got to put some jumping in it 

Sonic is a good shout.

Generic, easy answer - all Konami properties to anyone else.

More specific - Castlevania to Platinum Games (the A team of them specifically). Continue the Lords of Shadow series but better.