passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Hot Topic Returns

Nag

4 hours ago, Nag said:

I quite enjoyed watching Lara squeezing through gaps to be honest, I'll miss that.

Rise even had a PR shot that showed her squeeze through a gap. Does nobody think of those poor marketing guys?

As for the question: no idea. Preferably the Xbox because I have more One games than PS4 games and I do like going back to "older" stuff, but we'll see how the exclusives stack up against each other in a year or so.

ezgif-7-d19cb1a135bc-ebac.jpg

GameCentral readers share their experience of pre-ordering a PS5 and Xbox Series X/S – or explain why they never bothered.

Now that the pre-orders have started for both the PlayStation 5 and the Xbox Series X/S the question for this week’s Hot Topic was pretty straightforward: have you pre-ordered one and if not why not?

Everyone had their own reasons for choosing to jump in now or wait till later but surprisingly few reported having being prevented from pre-ordering because of a lack of stock or technical problems.

Sorry, another boring one... hopefully normal service will resume next week.

6 minutes ago, Manicm said:

I didn’t realise my interest reg on shopto was actually able to turn into a preorder, I searched high low and found out 2 days later I actually had a pre-order to confirm

That whole "interest" thing was handled so poorly. As I said before, I went onto ShopTo and it said all the pre-orders were sold out. It was only when I logged into my account that I discovered my interest counted towards that.

Yeah I got an email explaining things for the Xbox launch, not a peep with the PS5 though.

The shit show with both consoles was to be expected tbh, I'm not sure how you mitigate thousands of people all trying to access websites at the same time and to be fair it's neither of the console makers fault if they can't handle the traffic. 

I'm glad I didn't bother with online stores this time, although god knows how I managed to snag a PS5 pre-order, I didn't go to the store until half three in the afternoon.

Pre-ordering was relatively stress-free for me. I knew the item number before Series X went live, and managed to get onto the link not long after it went live, so it was all done by 8.45 am. I'd imagine it's been much more stressful for other people, but it was super chilled for me.

I was lying in bed, half asleep, at 8 o'clock. Picked up my phone, spent about 5 minutes on the Microsoft website and it was done.

It's been more stressful coming to terms with the idea that I have no reason to own the new Sony console for years to come, if ever...

mine was fairly painless too, largely because I got lucky. I happened to try Curry's not knowing they were doing a queue system, and got it right as it opened. The only real problem is that I've got to pay for all of it out of this months wage, which isn't a full wage because we've switched from weekly to monthly

Relatively painless for me.

I registered my interest with ShopTo in February so knew I was all but assured a Day 1 PS5 there and got confirmation of this yesterday.

Also managed to get onto the GAME and Smyths websites just as the consoles dropped the night of the 16th just as I was going to bed. Not 100% whether they're Day 1 yet or not though.

I'll be cancelling two of them closer to the time just to keep my options open as long as possible. I don't like to be left without a backup just in case the worst comes to the worst.

Screenshot_1-cbe0.jpg

GameCentral readers reveal how much they expect to spend on games this Christmas, with the next gen consoles about to launch.

The subject for this week’s Hot Topic was suggested by reader Penfold, who asked a very difficult question given the release of the Xbox Series X/S and PlayStation 5 and the difficulties caused by the coronavirus.

Around half the responses said they were intending to get a new console, but the rest are holding on to 2021 or later and only picking up current gen games this year.

By my reckoning it's around £1090 in November... although some will be through trade in credit.

Ouch.?

Well, strictly video game spending for Christmas is a relatively straight forward question for me. Zero. I've already finished getting everything aside from my food/chocolate presents and no one wanted games this year.

However, as far as the PS5 goes. I've already spent £520 (console + Demon's Souls) and it will likely be the same on a new fancy TV. Hopefully less though. I really begrudge paying more than £300 for a glorified gaming screen. As it won't be connected to anything else. I normally don't like to spend even remotely close to three figures on myself, but once every five+ years does happen.

hard to say. I've had a quiet couple of months by my standards, but I'll probably end up buying all sorts of shit once I actually get the PS5.

I've not paid for the PS5 yet, unless things change I'll be paying for that, buying a game for it, and I still need to pay for Cyberpunk. Presumably there'll be some indie downloadable game I pick up cheap for the PS5 and maybe Switch or PC realistically. Aside from that I'm not sure what's coming that I feel the itch to play.

Baldur's Gate is the the only other game that leaps out, but that's early access and I'm not sure I want to dip in and out of that as it changes through development, but, if I have the time for something that big playing through it in chunks seems like the only way I'll see the end of it

I paid for the PS5 already so that reduces November costs a little bit. I actually panicked for a second because I didn’t make as much savings as I expected to in September and then I remembered I bought the PS5 and was like phew

In November it’s still looking like close to a £1000, though. XSX, PS5 and Xbox games, Hyrule Warriors 2, and I will no doubt end up buying some digital stuff like the DMC5 pack for Playstation. 

I probably wont get a PS5 and still want a new GPU but I dunno, I will either spend something close to 1000 euro or almost nothing at all it looks like.

I wanted to try the new WoW expansion but that's gotten delayed because apparently it's in crap shape, I still think a lot of other stuff will be delayed as well.