passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Hot Topic Returns

Nag

Given we're at the mid year point this weeks question was the obvious one...

2510225d8a2a5c40fab3.02568219-20190924_FFVII_Remake_Screenshot_19-0fc8.jpg

GameCentral readers give 2020 its half year report and discuss its best games, from Doom Eternal to The Last Of Us Part 2.

Since we’re now halfway through 2020 this week’s Hot Topic asked the same question it always asks at this time of year, even if the coronavirus has made a mess of the release schedules over the last six months.

We still wanted to know what your favourite games were though and there were actually more high-quality titles than you might first think, even if the front-runners were all very obvious…

The front runners might be obvious, but since I've only bought two 2020 releases, (I'm not including Xenoblade Chronicles, which is an HD remaster, not a remake) my list is small but perfectly formed.

Last of us 2

Trials of Mana

I was thinking about this last night funnily enough, I watched an ign thing that felt a bit pointless because it was just the heavy hitters, but it did remind me that I need to focus on Kentucky Route Zero 

I wish I liked Doom more than I did, I'll have to go back to it. I liked the Xcom game, I'll have to go back to that. Slightly disappointingly for me my picks are mainstream ?

Last of Us 2 

Streets of Rage 4 

Final Fantasy 7 remake 

Final Fantasy VII Remake has been the only 2020 game I’ve played so far but it will take something special to knock it down I think (although there are some special looking games on the way).

This question has made me realise that The Last of Us 2 is the only new game I’ve played this year and I need to get on with it.

The other games I have on my list to play are FF7R, Doom Eternal, Ori 2 and Dragon Ball. A quick Google makes it look like it’s a been a bit slow this year and not a lot has came out (Not complaining). 

Animal Crossing: New Horizons
Coffee Talk
Final Fantasy VII Remake
The Last of Us Part II
Mr. Driller DrillLand
Streets of Rage 4
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore (a 2015 WiiU game but new on Switch and first time I've played it)

I share the same couple as most people...

The Last of Us Part 2.

Resident Evil 3.

Final Fantasy VII.

Doom Eternal was a complete let down for me, it's not been a brilliant year by any means but there's been the odd corker.

Probably jumping the shark here but, Paper Mario: The Origami King is likely to be the only new game I get for this year. So I'll add this preemptively.

Doom Eternal

Resident Evil 3

FF7 Remake

Last Of Us 2.

Streets Of Rage 4.

Its been a bloody good year for gaming, which is a relief, as it’s been a shite year for everything else.

Id also go with:

Deliver Us The Moon. An extremely good indie game, only just hit PS4 this year, so to me that counts.

One Piece Pirate Warriors 4: More of the same, but I love the series so I’m fine with that.

Yeah I haven’t played too many games released this year, ori was good but not as good as the first one, only just started last of us, mr driller is ace but I’ve played it before so not sure it counts, didn’t play it properly before mind. Half life alyx, journey to a strange planet, Sakura wars, and sor4 were good fun but not totally my type of games. Think those are all the games I’ve played from this year.