passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Hot Topic Returns

Nag

Just remembered another I want a sequel to.

Singularity - one of the most interesting FPS games released IMO. Could do some really inventive and sadistic kills in it. A bit more of a budget and on a new gen of consoles I think it could really be something special. 

resident-evil-front.jpg

GameCentral readers reveal what series they’ve played the most entries in, from 32 years of Street Fighter to a lifetime of FIFA.

The subject for this weekend’s Inbox was suggested by reader Tolly and asked which franchise you’ve played the most of over the years. How loyal are you to the series and do you consider yourself a collector?

Given how long some games have been going there were plenty of options to choose from, but the most popular included Street Fighter, Resident Evil, Call Of Duty, and Final Fantasy.

We've had something similar to this recently, I'm taking this one as games played in a series, not hours put in.

It's a reasonably easy one for me, Resident Evil.

Mortal Kombat - I've played all of them aside from the last two.

Tekken - Everything upto Tekken 6, baring the Handheld stuff.

Suikoden - Every game in game in the series

Silent Hill - Same as above

Vandal Hearts - ditto

Power Stone -  ^

Bloody Roar - ^^

3D Mario & Castlevania - ^^^

Zelda - Everything apart from the CDi games... ?

It is weird most of the series I've been most loyal too have all ended or gone in a new direction ala God of War, Hitman that I wasn't overly keen on. As far as collecting goes. When it comes to gaming, I'm not really a collector anymore. I used to be, but since physical releases are dying out and the collectors editions have become excessively over-priced, I don't see me going back.

Yeah, I tapped out of RE6. To be honest, it was only persistent nagging that got me to complete RE4. To say I'm not as invested in RE since Code Veronica, is putting it mildly. I haven't played REmake 2, but REmake 1 was the last Resident Evil I actually enjoyed from start to finish.

Hitman - Jesper Kyd = ?

Football Manager and it's not even close. The most played single game will be one of those, in fact the top 10 is probably nothing but Football and Championship Manager, before getting to the likes of Fallout New Vegas, Skyrim, Borderlands 2, Shining Force 3, Dragon Quest 8 etc

If you discount that I've played a lot of Dragon Quest in the last 10 years or so, all of them to some extent except 10 and 3. Throw in the Monsters Joker games, Builders, Heroes, Rocket Slime.

I've played most of the Sonic games, less so recently I guess. I've played a lot of Street Fighter in various forms, and King of Fighters over the course of my life

Ha mine could be kof, not really played them properly though, same for street fighter. Mainly the usual stuff like Zelda, mario, gran tourismo, halo, forza, pgr, guitar hero, mario kart, only more unusual one I can think of is dodonpachi - they’d all be 5 or more games.

For me it's resident evil series, assassin's creed series, played every game in both franchises.

Mortal kombat I've played a lot of including some spin offs like the sub zero one and both injustice ones.

apps-63429-13670972585585116-15d837d9-205b-4764-b555-9dd385c197e9.jpg

GameCentral readers name their favourite ever indie games, from Celeste to Into The Breach.

The subject for this weekend’s Inbox was suggested by reader Tim Rogers who asked what you think of indie games in general and whether you play them a lot or just when they’re free on PS Plus or Games with Gold.

As it turned out, most people were very keen and praised the best examples as being more imaginative and entertaining than even big name AAA games. The favourites included Hollow Knight and Cuphead, but there were lots of other more obscure titles mentioned – some even we hadn’t played before.

?

Where to start here...?

Up until 2011, I didn't care for Indie games. I suppose it was a brand recognition thing. I bought games from developers I was aware of and familiar with. Then I watched a YouTube video on The Binding of Isaac. Instantly bought the thing and sang its praises for many, many years. At one point it was my only video game and I still played it obsessively for hours everyday. Since then, I look on them with a more favourable eye. Shovel Knight, Super Meat Boy, Hollow Knight, Rogue Legacy, Cuphead, Blasphemous etc I now have more Indie titles than AAA. If the aesthetic catches my eye, chances are I'll buy it. Although I don't experiment with new ones until I've seen something of them on YouTube first.

Aw man there’s so many. Ever since they started doing Summer of Arcade way back on the 360 I’ve adored these smaller indie games, to the point where this gem I’ve found them far more appealing. I’ll just stick to 2 of my favourites and a couple of honourable mentions. 

Super Meat Boy - Honestly my favourite game of all time.

Rocket League - Possibly the greatest MP game of all time. 

Top mentions - Trials HD, Splosion Man, One Finger Death Punch, Binding of Isaac, Inside, What Remains if Edith Finch, and there’s been many, many more but I’ll just be creating a huge list if I let myself carry on. 

Yeah, there's too many, it's too big a category now to pick a favourite. 

I'll give a mention to To The Moon and Dear Esther but there's loads. Especially if you start counting semi indie games where they have a publisher just a very small one 

I love indie games and play them a lot. Audiosurf and Torchlight were the games that lit the spark for me I guess. 

Without a doubt my favourite indie game to this point is Hollow Knight.

Honourable mentions to:

Anodyne

Divinity: Original Sin

Fez

FTL: Faster Than Light

Into the Breach

Hyper Light Drifter

Kentucky Route Zero

Machinarium

Rakuen
Return of the Obra Dinn 
Spelunky

Super Hexagon

Sunless Sea

Thimbleweed Park

Torchlight

Transistor

Undertale

I don't usually touch Indies to be fair so for me it's pretty easy.... Rocket League, played the hell out of it on PS4 for free then bought it when it released on Xbox and did the same.