passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Hot Topic Returns

Nag

Ok hot topic - best game(s) of E3?

In terms of exciting announcements, I think Breath of the Wild 2 was the only major one that wasn’t leaked beforehand (like Elden Ring, Baldur’s Gate 3). But all of those are really exciting. Remasters of Ni no Kuni and FFVIII were nice announcements too.

FFVII Remake was the game of the show for me. The extent of coverage we got for FFVII, I was expecting the same for Cyberpunk, but instead we just got a cool trailer and another behind closed doors gameplay demo that will probably be released eventually (but be overlong). CDPR could really benefit from doing something in the style and length of the recent Pokemon Direct. 

Honourable mentions go to Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines 2, Trials of Mana and the game Devolver showed, Fall Guys. 

Often I come away from E3 with a brand new game I'm most excited about but this year it was just FF7 and Cyberpunk still top of the list and that's not even got anything to do with what was shown. I'm just a chump for FF and Cyberpunk. 

12 minutes is probably the new game I'm most excited about. Everything about that looks right up Bob street. 

It was such a mellow E3 in general and I really enjoyed that about it. 

Normal service should hopefully resume next week...

As for @radiofloyd question (nice one by the way) it's probably a Final Fantasy clean sweep, liking the look of VII but I think the fact I'm gonna be able to buy Final Fantasy VIII on a current gen machine (the wrong one too, just to wind people up?) trumps even that.

Regardless of your opinions on the old FFVII and the way they are cutting the game up, ffvii remake just looks brilliant.

Purely from its JRPG battle system anyway. I think the full game will be kind of short cause all they've shown are three boss fights from the old game so it looks kind of like Crisis Core so far. But better hopefully.

I think in terms of best game shown then FF7R wins it for me as well. Firstly because it’s looking to a really awesome game. Secondly because in terms of gameplay actually shown it didn’t have a lot of competition.

I’m really interested in Outer Worlds, Star Wars and Control, but that is more because of post E3 reactions to those games, I haven’t actually seen any video of them that looks good yet but people are saying great things. 

Even thouh its really early that Trials of Mana trailer did also look really good as well. Not sure why it just grabbed my attention immediately.

And of course like @radiofloyd said for actual announcement than BotW2 was really crazy. 

But FF7R definitely wins best game at E3. 

Panzer Dragoon for me. It wasn't even a new announcement but it still caught me off guard. And this goes beyond it simply looking fantastic because it actually shows that SEGA cares again. This is a game in a series that has been dormant since 2002 (with the exception of a track in Sonic Racing Transformed). That's longer than Shenmue was out of the game before it resurfaced in 2015. And it's not even close to be as popular and well-known as that franchise. Panzer Dragoon has always been the niche series of SEGA consoles and it certainly didn't help that it was only really present in a big way on Saturn, their least successful machine. If the remake can capture a fracture of the magic I felt when playing those games back in the day it will be my game of the year, no questions asked.

the combat doesn't look great, early on at least, but Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines 2 was probably the most interesting thing I saw. Maneater looks great if they can turn that in to a game. I want Panzer Dragoon to be good. If Fall Guys ends up being what the trailer hinted at that could be a laugh

18 minutes ago, Cyberpunk said:

Am I the only one that likes the new Watchdogs and Cyberpunk 2077? 

Hell no I'm pumped as fuck for those as well but I'm also a weeb piece of shit so it's hard to look past FF7 (which I already managed in my original post because of my insane power level)