passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Post your latest gaming purchases II

mfnick

I bought a couple of PS4 games.

IMG_20220509_205518_1.jpg

Cloudpunk looks kind of interesting, I didn't realise that it got a physical release, seems too small a game really.

Fast and Furious Crossroads I picked up because it's been delisted from digital stores. I know it's not meant to be amazing, and I've not watched a film since the first, but it was cheap so on the off chance that I ever want to play it at least I have it now

4 hours ago, DANGERMAN said:

Hidden & Dangerous is apparently a 5/5 game though, surprised more people don't talk about it when they mention classic Dreamcast games

I remember that, it's a really addicitive and immersive strategy shooter IIRC

yeah i seem to remember that was big on the pc, sure i read a review at the time deciding if i should try it, apparently you crawl through grass for hours, if you stand up an enemy will snipe you from a mile away - i decided not to buy it. maybe the dreamcast version is more arcadey? or it's entirely possible i've got it mixed up with a different game

^ think i am thinking about a different game - operation flashpoint

Vanishing Point's big marketing boast was about having no scenery pop-up, which I think it achieved by having massive walls either side of the road so it was like driving down a trench. I remember it looking alright though.

Got this a while back and forgot to post, not played it much, and when I have played it it's been Darius garden and layer section, great games but ones I've already played a lot previously. Still loads better selection of games than the astro city one, and the rotating screen is really cool.

PXL_20220307_173057767.jpg

7 hours ago, Jimbo Xiii said:

I remember that, it's a really addictive and immersive strategy shooter IIRC

Also vaguely recall it was very hard. I dunno if that is because we were largely unfamiliar with the genre at the time. I don't think we beat it, either.

I think they have done quite a good job of expanding their catalouge and adding quite a diverse range of publishers and titles. 

Usually find their is at least one title i would usually like on a cart, usually 2 or 3. 

So at £17 I think they are fairly good value with the exception *cough Worms! 

Guess my biggest complaint is the lack of Amiga ports especially when it comes to key titles like cannon fodder or chaos engine. 

Vfrom my understanding tbey are able to port tbem but licensing issues stop it. 

Admitedly not a big problem but my nostalgia is with miggy titles. Guess the A500 mini will resolve that some time in the future for me. 

I picked up a new copy of Resident Evil The Mercenaries for the 3ds. Supposedly these are reprints so it's funny that the demo for Revelations is still included

IMG_20220519_112140_1.jpg

I also got Adventure Time Finn and Jake Investigations which I've since found out apparently isn't very good