passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Post your latest gaming purchases II

mfnick

I didn’t like it when I first played it years back @one-armed dwarf. I didn’t give it a fair chance and wasn’t into JRPGs at that time though to be fair. The 3 combined were only £14 or so so willing to take a risk, I’ve honestly no clue at all what the sequels are like ?

Think I can finish them all by October if this lockdown continues until then @Nag 2022 seems likely with the time I usually get to play when not on lockdown though ?.

4 hours ago, AndyKurosaki said:

Fist Of The North Star is bloody amazing. I may be biased, as a fan of both the franchise, and the Yakuza series. It’s pretty much just Yakuza in FOTNS, and I’m definitely ok with that.

Yeah, been meaning to get round to buying it for awhile (along with Judgement) just been waiting for it to be the right price really. I still need to play Kiwami 2 as well. 

Judgement remains my least favourite of their work. It’s not bad, it’s just had a lot of the fun elements of the Yakuza series sucked out of it. And replaced with awful, tedious tracking sections.

Fist thankfully doesn’t have that problem. It goes from punching people into oblivion, to mixing cocktails with ridiculous names, to playing baseball with a massive iron girder. Fun times.

I've wanted it for a while, but was always hanging on for a shred of hope that Nintendo may make a home console version of switch without a screen, but cant see it happening,

But had some spare Birthday cash so went nicely towards it,

I looked up the Japanese on the box.

The phase「いざ、尋常に」comes from 「いざ、尋常に勝負しろ」

Apparently it’s a common expression in Japanese historical dramas.

尋常に means to do something straight or directly. 勝負 is like a fight or to settle a contest. 

In other words, “let’s settle this now” I guess...