passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Forum Feedback II

Jimboxy

Yeah, I get a hang whenever I try to post stuff. I thought it was just images that were crapping out, but it seems a bit more complex than that.

Tried deleting, repasting, pasting as pain text. Nothing. It's fucked.

1 minute ago, mfnick said:

That’s the issue I was having yesterday. Seemed to be a character limit issue, try cutting your text in half and see if that will post it to test it out.

Give me a moment.

Yep, there appears to be quite a small character limit. Fuck it, I'll leave it until it's sorted, I not pissing about posting something in twitter like bites.

6 minutes ago, DANGERMAN said:

If you split it in half then just post the 2nd half straight away it should merge your posts.

I don’t know about Sly but that wouldn’t work for me. I had to really trim down the second post to a few lines or it’d show the same issue. Seemed to work if someone posted inbetween though.

1 minute ago, mfnick said:

I don’t know about Sly but that wouldn’t work for me. I had to really trim down the second post to a few lines or it’d show the same issue. Seemed to work if someone posted inbetween though.

hmm, interesting. I was hoping the forum wouldn't be that clever and you could brute force it like that

If you have to leave it a few minutes and do it as 2 posts for now that's not an issue for me. It will let us test if we can merge them as mods, or if even that is blocked

Yeah, it did alright for the first bit of the post, but I had to cut and cut further and further down until eventually I just couldn't be bothered.

Also the attach files thing has been broken for me for months. Not that I use it much, but yeah, I get the same hang and then 404.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/02/2021 at 21:34, DANGERMAN said:

no one noticed, don't worry

test 1

On 11/02/2021 at 23:49, Sly Reflex said:

Yeah, it did alright for the first bit of the post, but I had to cut and cut further and further down until eventually I just couldn't be bothered.

Test 2

The weird thing is I did do a post after this that was fine. Cyberpunk did that big fuck off post and this was fine too.

I'm maybe thinking there some sort of filter that stops so much being posted at once if you're doing it a lot, to catch spammers or something.

Or I could just be talking out my arse. I've no idea what goes on in the inner workings of the website.

2 hours ago, Sly Reflex said:

Or I could just be talking out my arse. I've no idea what goes on in the inner workings of the website.

In the marvel thread I quoted two people in one post and got a 500 error, so I wondered if it was that, but that seems to work fine as well. I've upgraded our PHP version to see if that helps.

this might be a me problem and not a forum problem, but people that are using an actual computer, do you get your browser spellcheck options in the text box when you're typing? I use grammarly because I'm dyslexic as fuck and I noticed the other day that it is no longer checking what I type, but only on this site.

• 3 months later...