passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Random News II

Bob

Yep, I don't know many people that stay at one console, mainly because they either upgrade, or they replace a broken console. I bought several consoles from the 360 gen because they broke and needed replacing.

Gen before that my mates went though a huge amount of PS2.

On 01/09/2020 at 23:46, one-armed dwarf said:

Do people really often buy both consoles? I guess I feel I didn't need to cause my PC is also an Xbox for some reason but it's not something I'd consider doing anymore.

I think every generation from the PS2/GCN/OG Xbox Gen I've bought every standard console going.

Next Gen will be the first time I only buy one. 

21 hours ago, DisturbedSwan said:

Next Gen will be the first time I only buy one

Which one?

I only really get the Nintendo and Sony stuff. Never felt the need for Xbox and pc. I did get a 360 for GTA 4, but I'd never do that these days, no matter what the franchise. Waited a year for Rise of the tomb raider, which is one of my favourite games of the generation.

18 minutes ago, bellow said:

Which one?

lol

I wish I could say with confidence that I'll only buy this or that in 2020 but I can guarantee there will be cool things for both systems down the line and I probably want to play all the cool things.

4 hours ago, bellow said:

Which one?

I only really get the Nintendo and Sony stuff. Never felt the need for Xbox and pc. I did get a 360 for GTA 4, but I'd never do that these days, no matter what the franchise. Waited a year for Rise of the tomb raider, which is one of my favourite games of the generation.

PS5.

I've been pretty much the same since 2014 or so, I did love Microsoft's output during the 360 days and their games were my jam back then. But yeah, since 2014 or so I've been largely Sony and Nintendo, I did buy two Xboxes this gen but they got sold eventually and I never grew to love them or their games much at all.

I didn't think of Nintendo when I said I'll only be picking up one next gen as nothing official has come out yet. But yeah, I will definitely be picking up whatever Nintendo puts out next as I absolutely adore my Switch, it might be one of my favourite consoles of all time.

I'd also say with Microsoft's new business plan you'd probably get to play the more interesting Xbox titles on your switch (switch 2). As I said I wouldn't actually buy an Xbox, but I would play the new Psychonauts and fable on my Switch.

40 minutes ago, Nag said:

How would putting their games on a competitor's console change that?... anyway unless it's streaming through X-cloud I doubt the Switch could run half their stuff.

I thought they decided Nintendo wasn't their competition. And my new 3ds could run halo infinite, by the look of it?

4 hours ago, bellow said:

They've got to say that, though, haven't they? I actually think they're in a bit of trouble the way they're shaping up for this launch. It's like a Greek tragedy.

They don't have any hype behind them, that's for sure. But I don't think they have a worse standing than Sony as far as games are concerned for this year at least. It's just that people see Spider-Man and immediately go "OMG, launch of the century" and whatnot because it's a big IP. But there are some extremely promising games on Microsoft's lineup that aren't talked about much (Medium, The Ascent, Call of the Sea).

The biggest problem of Series X is Xbox One. Playstation has become synonymous with videogames again during these last seven years whereas Microsoft was just trudging along and trying to undo one of the worst launches in recent memory. It's a bit the Saturn-Dreamcast situation all over again – DC was an excellent console but nobody had SEGA on the radar anymore after the Saturn. Let's just hope it doesn't end in the same way this time and that Xbox can become a more visible contender again.

I was going to say how I think by the end of next generation Xbox will have pulled out of the console race altogether and become purely about Gamepass but then that doesn’t really work does it because unless they got Gamepass on Playstation they will have to keep making a new box for Gamepass to be accessed. 

Unless XCloud takes off properly and you can play Gamepass stuff in a app downloaded to the TV? ?