passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Random News II

Bob

Reading the article, his comments don't seem quite that bad. Some places do let you tip devs already, but it's small studios on itch and the like. 

I don't know, if people want to it's their money but I don't see me doing it for a large publisher, and certainly not for someone like Blizzard 

1 hour ago, DANGERMAN said:

I don't see me doing it for a large publisher

Exactly this. Imagine being offered to tip say, £15, on the newest Assassin's Creed. Those games have literally thousands of people involved in the game. What's more likely, they get a fraction of a penny each, or Ubisoft just go "cheers, I'll look after that"?

Plus with how much fluctuation there is in the industry there is a good chance that whoever made game X isn't even part of the company anymore whenever you get around to playing it and potentially thinking about a tip.

This really only works for indie studios I think. But in that case I'd probably rather just buy the game a second time on another platform or as a gift etc.

Of course tipping would never get weaponised and taken advantage of by companies? Leading to staff being even more underpaid. Load of fucking bollocks.

Would consider it for an indie dev. But any publisher is an absolute no-no. Make no mistake this guy is talking about AAA devs too, “paid $70 and they haven’t nickel and dimed me” - fucking rich from a Blizzard guy too.  

There's some kickstarters I wouldn't mind being able to contribute to after the funding window has closed, like a tip jar. I wish I could do that with Pathologic 2 but when the KS started at the time I was broke.

Buying gifts for others is an option but I feel weird about doing it, cause I feel I'm putting pressure on someone to play a game they might have no interest in.