passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Random News II

Bob

The Hardest Tetris Game Created Is Being Ported To Consoles

Tetris-The-Grand-Master-Logo-Art.jpg

One of the absolute hardest versions of Tetris is going to be coming to consoles this week as Tetris: The Grand Master is getting a console port. In case you happen not to be aware of this one, don't feel too bad; it's not exactly like anyone went to great effort to publish this one outside of Japan. The game, to put it simply, is one of the most challenging, difficult, blisteringly hard versions of the classic puzzle title ever to be produced. Originally it came out as an arcade title back in 1998 by Arika and was followed up with a couple of sequels in the coming years, but primarily remained an arcade title. The easiest way to explain the gameplay is for you to imagine getting to the highest level of Tetris you've ever played, where the speed is so fast you can't react fast enough, and now double that speed right at the start of the game.

There's only been one version of it released outside of arcades when Tetris: The Grand Master Ace was dropped onto Xbox 360. There have also been ROM hacks released that people have played at tournaments and exhibitions; as you can see in the video down at the bottom, you can get a look at one played during Awesome Games Done Quick back in 2015. But we haven't had a proper release of the original game… until now. Arika, the original publisher of the first arcade title, announced on Twitter that they have given Hamster Corporation their blessing to release a proper port of the game on both PS4 and the Nintendo Switch, set to drop on December 1st, 2022.

Open world survival horror is an interesting angle.

I've never loved Amnesia cause I can't really get that into horror games where you're just supposed to run away from stuff, limiting player decisions a bit which imo makes things less tense. But looks like you have a gun in this one. Even a shitty gun goes a long way, so this might be the first one I really give a shot

That's what Silent Hill gets right, giving you the means to defend yourself but making it really shitty things like wooden sticks and bad combat controls

Siren was the most obvious one that came to mind for me, in that it would be a cool one to do and also not that exciting for lots of mainstream audience (meeting the very specific definition here)

I'm not even sure if Parasite Eve is horror or not, I only played the first one. I guess it could qualify, and it would be a really awesome announcement, much better than Siren. But I think it's tied up in weird licence issues surrounding the novel it's based on (hence 'third birthday' not being called PE3 iirc)

As much as I'd like a remake of Dino Crisis I'm not pinning my hopes on that one just down to how busy Capcom seems to be in regards Resident Evil over the last few years... although a man can hope.

Reading that, I just thought of a quick name check and...

During an interview with Noisy Pixel, Resident Evil producer Yoshiaki Hirabayashi confirmed that Capcom currently has no plans to remake Resident Evil: Code Veronica. 21 Oct 2022

😞 FFS

The top 3 would be

• Eternal Darkness
  • Siren
  • Dino Crisis

I've never played any of them so a remake to any would be cool, I'm not sure if it'll be any of these though, but these would be the top 3 that would come to mind.

Capcom USA are teasing stuff for TGAs so it wouldn't be out of the realms of possibility for a DC remake, I do think they'll just bring SF6 stuff there though but who knows.

Era are speculating it's Clock Tower based on a 2021 mobile release, who's title is 'ready for the next' but who really knows, I know nothing about the Clock Tower series.