passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Random News II

Bob

Insider Gaming: Codemasters' WRC 23 lets you build your own Rally Car

Codemasters’ new WRC, currently theorized to be WRC 23, is scheduled to launch sometime in 2023 after the studio resecured the license after 18 years. As first reported by GI.biz, the new license will span from 2023 to 2027. The deal includes the rights for the studio to publish new titles, in addition to running its esports events.

Sources with knowledge of WRC 23 have revealed details on what to expect.

16 individual classes are currently in the game, including the likes of the WRC and WRC2 to the F2 Kitcar and H1 FWD.

One huge aspect of this year’s game will be the ability to build your own rally car. An in-game currency system will be the driving force of your build. In fact, one source had said that the customization in the game will be somewhat as in-depth as this YouTube video uploaded by the FIA WRC.

It’s understood that all aspects of your rally car can be built from the ground up, starting with your drivetrain where you can pick a front, mid, or rear-engined drive.

From there, your engine, differential, gearbox, clutch, radiator, suspension, brakes, and exhaust can all be bought. Prices of the items will depend on the condition of the parts, with used and worn parts costing far less than brand-new ones.

The car’s cosmetic customization is also as in-depth too, with players being able to pick everything they can think of from big to small. A few examples of external customization pieces include; the front bumper, rear bumper, wheels, mudguards, and even bonnet pins.

Internal customization is just as in-depth too, with players able to customize everything from the steering wheel and digital display, to the seatbelt design and roll cage colour.

Players will be able to build multiple builds of cars and able to test drive the built car and swap parts if needed before confirming the build.

It’s understood that WRC has been built on the foundations of the cancelled DiRT title that was meant to release sometime soon, with the idea being to save time and money based on both games’ similarities.

Filled it in. Hoping they’ll go for my choices, a funny multiplayer MMO, or a beat-em up. 

…..Nah, fuck that. I’m not totally insane 😄

Genuinely would love to see this franchise return, it’s long overdue. The original LOK is probably my favourite, but Soul Reaver was pretty damn good. 

That was a genuinely good questionnaire, not just the typical "would you buy a new LoK and at what price point?" but actually real questions about the series. I did chuckle a bit that you can pick an age below 30, as if anyone younger than that would know about LoK.

Which modern games did you guys pick as having some similarities? I had some trouble with that but didn't want to leave them blank, so I chose Rise of the Tomb Raider for gameplay, because (minus the shooting of course) its metroidvania-esque hub worlds are the closest thing to classic 3D action adventures we've had in recent years.

For tone I picked Chorus, which is obviously a very different game, but the humourless, serious and contemplative tone of it very vaguely reminds me of LoK's approach to mono-/dialogue and storytelling.

Sounds very far away anyway, whatever they do with it.

From the survey I know it's not going to be the popular choice but I'm bored of reboots and very bored by remakes, why not just make a sequel decades after the fact. Twin Peaks style. I love how in TV we're bringing these ancient series back with new seasons, why not games as well. It's not like the old games don't work and just reheating old stories over and over is getting boring imo. gaming seems to have a way bigger problem with this than tv/films

The dude who voiced Kain originally seems to still work, he voiced some random character in WoW Shadowlands. That haughty, psuedo-Shakespearean dialogue where everything is so self serious, just make another one of those. Probably tho it would necessitate some sort of cutscene catchup for people who don't want to play all those old games, but continuity is nice to have. You could at least do a sequel which takes place so long after the events of the original that they fade into legend and provide interesting motivation for players to check out a back catalogue of games, but not necessarily be prerequisite reading

My priority order to that question was:

Sequel

Remake

Remaster

Reboot

But I would have left out Reboot completely if I could have because I don't have much interest in a modern retelling of the same thing. If there are no funds for a sequel I'd be ok if they brought back the classics with a new paint job at least. The very first game has aged horribly and would benefit a lot from an overall touch-up.